Senior Construction Manager (Coatings and Insulation)
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
The purpose of this position is to oversee and direct the performance of a contractor performing all field coating, fireproofing and pipe / equipment insulation activities in conformance with schedules, specifications, and budgetary estimates. The role will require interfaces with multiple contractors and self-perform workforces to ensure an efficient and effective execution of the work.
The role requires an authoritative knowledge, background and experience in Coating and Insulation, specifically focused on cryogenic insulation. Additionally, the role requires a holistic grasp of complex situations, to be able to see the overall picture, and potentially propose alternative solutions to project objectives. This position directs construction staff and frontline line supervision as necessary in their respective roles to meet or exceed all project objectives. This position requires the ability to coordinate numerous crafts and/or to manage contractors/subcontractors for the same within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Assure that all requirements and expectations of the Fluor Operating System Requirements (OSR), appropriate Operating System Implementation plan (OSIP), and strict adherence to other business line requirements
• Execute field construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards
• Control project schedule and budget through the efficient use of all construction resources including manpower, materials, tools, and equipment
• Monitor productivity and cost and implement appropriate action to maintain maximum labour productivity and cost-effectiveness
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Management of a subcontractor to the details within their specific contract
• Other duties as assigned