Senior Configuration Analyst
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
This role will focus on Configuration Management but will also be involved in other aspects of the ITSM processes such as Asset, Change, Incident, Problem, Availability and Service Level Management. The primary responsibility will be setting up and maintaining the CMDB.
What is the opportunity?
The Senior Configuration Analyst will be a main player on the IT Service Management (ITSM) team with the key role of managing the day to day activities for the Enterprise Configuration Management process. This role will focus on Configuration Management but will also be involved in other aspects of the ITSM processes such as Asset, Change, Incident, Problem, Availability and Service Level Management.
What will you do?
- Support the Senior Manager, Configuration Management Process Owner in the implementation of the CMDB
- Assist the Senior Manager, Configuration Management Process Owner with continual process improvement
- Collaborate with IT & Process Owners, and Process Stakeholders to gather and analyze needs, translating these needs into requirements
- Ensure the Configuration Management process is understood and adhered to
- Reconcile the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories
- Resolve CI duplicates within the CMDB
- Work with Discovery/CMDB administrator to enable Discovery services or implement scripts required to process data feeds to update the CMDB, establish and support controls and procedures to review, assess, prioritize, & track compliance to requirements incorporated into tool and process designs
- Maintain process documentation, user guides and operational procedures
- Develop reports for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy, perform CMDB audits to ensure data completeness and quality, enable process adherence through reporting and dashboards
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information System or related field along with 5 to 7 years Configuration Management experience
- Experience in data analysis and management utilizing advanced Excel techniques
- Familiarity with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Experience in a large IT shared services organization with excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration and documentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively with geographically and culturally diverse teams
- Understanding of Service Management processes
- ITIL v4 Foundations Certified
Nice to Have
- Familiar with CSDM
- Experience with ServiceNow
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Job SkillsAdaptability, Critical Thinking, Decision Making, Detail-Oriented, Industry Knowledge, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Information Technology Trends, Systems Software, Time Management
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.