Senior Architectural Technologist
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Architectural Technologist - ( 23000471 )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
We are actively seeking a Senior Architectural Technologist to become part of a dynamic group providing professional services to our clients in the Buildings sector.
You will work as part of a team, and will be responsible for production of technical drawings, from initial planning to design and construction for primarily industrial, as well as commercial and institutional public and private facilities, using REVIT and AutoCAD. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of building design concepts and building systems, have solid technical abilities, be a skilled problem solver with attention to detail, and strong communication skills.
You must have successfully completed a related architectural diploma program from an accredited post-secondary institution. The individual will be a self-starter and expected to work collaboratively on projects as a member of an interdisciplinary design team.
Your Key Responsibilities
The role of Senior Architectural Technologist requires an experienced professional with a command of complex technical issues present in large projects.
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare contract drawings, details and sketches from conceptual design, through tender to construction documents
- Producing aspects of architectural design, building layout and drawings in REVIT or AutoCAD
- Organizing and maintaining a design and Revit digital file database for each project
- Successfully carrying out assignments on project design teams
- Facilitating and ensuring the quality of the drawings and graphic work produced for the team
- Communicating with other team members during the Revit model production
- Understanding REVIT file structures and modifications to files for exchanges with other consultants
- Creating and understanding custom blocks (Families) using REVIT software
- Ensure REVIT and CAD standards, quality assurance and quality control procedures are followed during drawing planning and production
- Coordinate project and architectural drawings with client and multidisciplinary design team
- Work to meet project timelines
- Perform field verification and measurements and accurately transfer this information to the drawings
- Conduct site observation and/or inspection activities during design or construction phases of the project
- Assist in the tender and construction process through the review of submittals, shop drawings and RFIs
- Keep up to date on new products, technologies, design processes and drafting techniques
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and associated industry standards
- A thorough knowledge of construction and contracting principles, methods, procedures, and practices including contract administration relating to changes, claims and delays
- Be able to maintain and progress the development of the design concept
- Offers and supports the creative technical design and detailing decisions aligned with project goals and understands their impact on cost, construction, sustainability, and other factors
- Proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have 15-20 years of experience as a registered architect (OAA) or a licensed technologist (OAAAS)
- Experience in Contract Administration is preferred
- Experience in a variety of healthcare projects (new and renovation) is a must
- Experience in Microsoft office Suite, Revit (min. 5 years), AutoCad, and Bluebeam is a must
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee, and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1400 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 14, 2023, 8:52:11 AM
Req ID: 23000471
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans