City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Architect - ( 230003VC )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
Your role as a senior contributor on our professional Architecture team is to work independently to assist clients through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning designs. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes. You will be innovating and creating new prototypes designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals. You will lead the development of integrated design proposals, continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required under instruction from the Project Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Advocates and inspires creativity, critical thought and design excellence both internally and externally.
- Support Business Development activities, including marketing proposals, interview, conference attendance, etc.
- Assists in identification, recruiting, and interviewing of design staff at all levels.
- Fosters collaboration between offices while promoting and providing design vision.
- Acts as a mentor, teacher and coach to design staff with the goal of growing and guiding them through their careers.
- Evaluates the quality of design and design activities, and assure a high level of design quality throughout the firm.
- Develops and implements firm’s brand, image, marketing collateral and business collateral.
- Participates in performance reviews including setting of job goals.
- Oversees and participates in production of design award submissions.
- Engages staff in dialog on design, ensures design process is followed and influences usage of technological tools.
- Acts as a vehicle for the delivery of firm’s message on design.
- Expresses philosophy of the work with appropriate vocabulary.
- Identifies and directs project photography, written descriptions, and other media in support of building the firm’s portfolio.
- Ambassador and steward of the firm’s portfolio of work with ability to guide and educate others.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- To produce design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent.
- To hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- To participate in project team setting.
- To lead a Team on large complex projects through the development of design concept.
- To receive criticism and respond appropriately and professionally.
- Inspire confidence and garner trust and respect with the project team and with clients.
- Provide a balanced approach and good judgement.
- To check work of others for accuracy and completeness, and manage team to meet project budget and schedule.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material. Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Understanding of historical values and context.
- To present abstract ideas to the client and client representatives.
- To exhibit maturity and cultural awareness internally and externally.
- High knowledge of building codes, building construction systems, constructability and detailing, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Experience in construction administration phase including issuances of RFI’s, Si’s, CCN’s, Certificate of Payments, understanding of the Lien Act, and occupancy closeout.
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD. Working level for MS Project, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Sefaira, and NewForma would be preferred.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Architecture & Registered Architect (AAA).
- Minimum of 12 years of experience with 10 years of experience in commercial / residential sector
- Project management experience
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1442 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 21, 2023, 11:56:42 AM
Req ID: 230003VC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans