Senior Administration Officer
City : Toronto
Category : Full Time
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Laurentian Bank
Seeing beyond numbers™
At Laurentian Bank, we believe we can change banking for the better. Founded in Montreal in 1846, Laurentian Bank helps families, businesses and communities thrive. Today, we have over 2,800 employees working together as One Team, to provide a broad range of financial services and advice-based solutions for customers across Canada and the United States. We drive results by placing our customers first, making the better choice, acting courageously, and believing everyone belongs.
The incumbent is responsible for the daily administration, processing and reconciliation of Banking products, in accordance with Laurentian Bank’s standards, policies, and procedures. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining and updating reports, and answering internal and external clients’ inquiries regarding the products administered within the department, while providing a consistent level of superior customer service.
- Screen all GIC/Deposit applications for completeness, accuracy, and ambiguity. Administer and process product specific financial or non-financial transactions, according to Laurentian Bank’s standards, policies, and procedures
- Research, prepare, process, balance, reconcile, and ensure quality control of all financial and non-financial transactions for clients. Verify own work for accuracy, clarity, and completeness, and ensure compliance with internal and external audit and regulatory requirements
- Reconcile CANNEX files and Teller Transaction with Bank Statement to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Research complex items for resolution
- Research and answer inquiries from internal and external clients, including Customer Service or Financial Advisors regarding products and processing issues. Act as Subject Matter Expert on Banking and Deposits products
- Escalate and make recommendations to the appropriate authority about any inquiries or issues that are beyond their scope. Submits recommendations to improve work processes to the supervisor
- Complete daily workload within strict timeframes set by Laurentian Bank and addresses any issues with the management
- Participates in special projects and carries out any other similar or general task at the request of their superior or that may be required by their function
- Solid understanding of Banking and Deposits Administration. Strong processing skills for Non-Registered and Registered GIC accounts. SIBL and CPS expertise.
- Attention to details. Good quality metrics is essential.
- 2-3 years of work experience related to administration or processing with a financial institution is required.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Business or in a related field.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- 35 to 40 words per minute typing/keyboarding speed; accuracy essential
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel. PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity using large and complex financial database systems; ability to learn inquiry functions in back office processing systems.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate information effectively.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and multitasking skills
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team.
- Familiarity with 5S, Kaizen Principles, Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement methodologies is an asset.
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts between the hours of 7:30AM and 6PM
- Bilingual (French/English) verbal and written communication skills are assets
What Laurentian Bank has to offer you
The total compensation offered by Laurentian Bank encompasses a comprehensive range of benefits, highlighting our commitment to the well-being and success of our employees.
Here are some of the key points of our offering:
- The actual annual base salary offered will take into account internal equity, skills, and experience among other factors.
- Total compensation: Earn a comprehensive compensation package that includes annual reviews and performance-based bonuses.
- Work model: We prioritize a hybrid work model based on business needs.
- Stock purchase plan: Become not just an employee, but a Laurentian Bank shareholder. Employer matching takes your investment even further.
- Time off: In addition to paid vacation, we provide floating days and leave options to accommodate the diverse needs of our employees.
- Health and wellness: Take care of your health and well-being with access to healthcare professionals, our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and a Stress Management and Well-Being Program.
- Group insurance and pension: We offer a competitive insurance program based on your family’s needs and a defined contribution pension plan to help prepare for your future.
- Financial benefits: As a Laurentian Bank employee, you’re also the best ambassador for our products and services. Take advantage of employee-only offers on a wide range of products. Enjoy exclusive deals and preferred rates on products and services including insurance, hotels, train tickets, spas and many more.
We are committed to creating a fulfilling professional environment where your skills are valued, and your well-being is a priority. Join us for a rewarding career at Laurentian Bank.
Inclusion and Accessibility
At Laurentian Bank, we believe everyone belongs. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities and where everyone feels like they belong and can thrive. To this end, we encourage applications from individuals from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous persons, racialized and persons with disabilities, marginalized genders and the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
We strive to offer a flexible and accessible work experience that is inclusive of everyone. If at any time you need an accommodation, please let us know.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship with you.