Senior Account Manager
City : Montreal
Category : Full Time
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Laurentian Bank
At Laurentian Bank, we believe we can change banking for the better. Founded in Montreal in 1846, Laurentian Bank helps families, businesses and communities thrive. Today, we have over 3,000 employees working together as One Team, to provide a broad range of financial services and advice-based solutions for customers across Canada and the United States. We drive results by placing our customers first, making the better choice, acting courageously, and believing everyone belongs.
Real Estate Financing, one of Laurentian Bank Business Services, is divided in three Canadian regions (West, Central and East). The team services real estate developers across the country through construction loans and term loans, as much for commercial buildings, multi-residential, industrial and housing projects.
- Develop new loan applications by soliciting both existing and potential developer clients and mortgage brokers;
- Review new loan applications to determine their acceptability as investments for the Bank, negotiate loan terms and conditions that meet client needs, and provide a secure and profitable investment for the Bank;
- Gather required information in support of the preparation of comprehensive loan applications for presentation to the appropriate approval authorities;
- Upon approval of a loan application, prepare a letter of commitment for acceptance by the client, consult the Bank's Legal department regarding the preparation of security documents, ensure that all financing conditions are met as required, and authorize the advance of funds by the loan administrator in accordance with the credit authorization;
- Examine loans soon due for re-evaluation and potential renewal so as to determine if they still represent profitable investments for the Bank;
- Regularly inspect the real estate securing loan portfolios both existing and under construction to ascertain the quality of the security;
- Ensure that assigned loan accounts operate as authorized, and take all measures necessary to correct default payments or, in the case of non-performing loans, to enforce the security documentation to ensure loan repayment;
- Handle client inquiries, changes to loan terms and conditions, and other account management situations that are not solely administrative in nature;
- Develop and maintain a profitable commercial real estate loan portfolio through service to commercial real estate developers, investors and users.
- Other duties delegated by the AVP as required.
- University degree or higher, preferably in Finance, Business Administration, B Commerce in Commercial Real Estate;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Account Manager in commercial real estate financing or equivalent with an established financial institution;
- Strong communication skills within a negotiating context to be able to conclude complex transactions;
- Good knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel softwares ;
- Ability to establish relationships: Accurately predicts possibilities; is intellectually curious; is receptive to new ideas focused on solutions; is not afraid to go off the beaten track ;
- Analytical thinking: Seeks relevant information. Establishes links between situations and questions the underlying causes of problems ;
- Customer focus: Considers customer satisfaction to be a priority, both for himself/herself and his/her team. Helps to develop and implement strategies, according to evolving client needs. Pays attention to market requirements and adapts the service offer accordingly. Assesses customer satisfaction and encourages process improvement among the members of his/her team in order to provide excellent service;
- Keen sense of organization, planning and prioritizing: Uses structured work methods. Establishes priorities. Sets deadlines. Manages his/her time in the best possible way.
- Ability to multitask and good sense of responsibilities.
Inclusion and Accessibility
At Laurentian Bank, we believe everyone belongs. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities and where everyone feels like they belong and can thrive. To this end, we encourage applications from individuals from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous persons, racialized and persons with disabilities, marginalized genders and the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
We strive to offer a flexible and accessible work experience that is inclusive of everyone. If at any time you need an accommodation, please let us know.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship with you.