City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Game Day Events
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At The Toronto Blue Jays we are committed to creating and growing teams that are fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
POSITION TITLE: Security Guard
REPORTS TO: Manager, Security
LOCATION: Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
Reporting to the Manager, the Security Guard is primarily responsible for ensuring a safe environment for all employees, tenants, contractors and guests at Rogers Centre. The Rogers Centre Security Team is looking for an individual with a professional presence, demeanor and exceptional skills in customer service.
- Provide access control for the building and interact with employees, tenants, contractors and guests
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining the health, safety and well-being of all employees and guests at Rogers Centre by complying with health and safety regulations and working in a safe and conscientious manner
- Have a complete understanding of all event and Rogers Centre policies
- Ensure all private and public areas of the Rogers Centre are properly maintained and are safe for employees and guests (i.e. identification and removal of hazards, checking fire equipment and checking the perimeter of building)
- Perform investigations relating to deviations from standard security protocols and processes
- Maintain a legible and thorough security notebook detailing incidents that are responded to throughout your shift
- Respond to emergency situations such as first aid, fire, personal injury incidents, assaults etc.
- Work closely with Emergency Services (Fire Service, Police Service and Emergency Medical Service) during emergency situations as required
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times as an individual or part of a team
- 1 to 3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of related education, experience and training.
- College Diploma in Security and Law Enforcement is an asset
- Licensed as a Security Guard in accordance with the PSIS Act and in good standing. Unlicensed candidates will not be considered for this position.
- Previous Use of Force training including proper Handcuffing and Baton use
- Knowledge of Criminal Code and related Provincial offences acts (i.e. Liquor License Act, Trespass to Property Act)
- Working knowledge of responsibilities under the Occupational Health & Safety Act and WHMIS
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification
- Valid Ontario G Class driver’s license is preferred
- SMART Serve certified is preferred
- Ability to work rotating 12-hour day/night shifts
- Ability to make sound decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations, with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to influence behavior with and without using positional authority
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to safely complete physical tasks as required, such as lifting up to 30 pounds
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Availability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.