City : Dartmouth, NS
Category : Administrative
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Job category: Administrative
Job posting ID: 5469
Employment status: Temporary full-time
Position's anticipated start date: 2024-02-12
Position's anticipated end date: 2025-01-31
Classification: NSGEU 42
Salary/Rate of pay: $21.33
Application deadline: 2024-01-24
Do you currently work for Canadian Blood Services? All employees must apply via the internal career page.
Together, we can make all the difference in the lives of others.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving lives. Thousands of patients depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
If you are looking for a rewarding experience with a values and mission-driven team, join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference.
We acknowledge that the work of Canadian Blood Services spans many Territories and Treaty areas across the country, and we are grateful for the Traditional Knowledge Keepers and Elders who have guided us in this important work. We recognize the land and waters that have inspired our work and offer gratitude to those Indigenous peoples on whose territory we work, live and play.
The Donor Relations & Collections team is responsible for planning and creating rotational work schedules, timekeeping functions and administrative support to all program activities and will provide this support in accordance with all regulations, standards and good manufacturing practices.
Formula for success
- Assess and plan staffing requirements in consultation with Manager/Supervisors to meet operational needs
- Prepare/create/revise work schedules according to Collective Agreement requirements
- Perform Timekeeping/ Payroll functions for departments
- Arranges accommodations for staff traveling to mobile clinics
- Provides administrative support for the Supply Chain and other departments
- Maintains accurate records
- Other related duties, as required
Desired education and skills
- Completion of a secondary school program in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably one year in Office Administration
- Minimum of three years of recent experience in related position preferably in regulated environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work effectively in an integrated multi disciplinary team environment
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, databases, spreadsheets
- Demonstrated ability to engage in creative analytic thinking
- Ability to establish priorities and organize workload
- Accuracy with attention to detail
What we offer you
- Payment in lieu of vacation and stat holidays
- Choice of defined benefits pension plan or defined contribution pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and much more
What you can expect
- Schedule is 0600-1400 hrs Monday through Friday, rotating through Saturdays (usually 1 in 3 or 1 in 4) and Stat Holidays (all schedulers take an equal amount of stats to work – usually 3-4 per year).
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
Canadian Blood Services requires that all employees be fully vaccinated (COVID 19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights considerations. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.