Scaffolding Construction Coordinator
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
Functionally reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the successful candidate will be assigned to the construction team in support of installation of scaffolds and interface with other subcontractors. Primary duties are to provide coordination and technical support to supervision, as well as helping to satisfy the safety requirements on the project. The primary role entails working with multiple subcontractors and will act as the focal point for scaffold scope in construction team; ensuring that construction requirements are made known and promptly supported by other functions; and to coordinate with other disciplines in the technical services to ensure that construction delivers the requirements to support other project team members.
The Scaffolding Construction Coordinator will:
• Oversee all aspects of scaffolds activities inclusive of coordination with scaffold Material Contractor.
• Ensure that scaffold design process is being adhered to Peri scaffold system and ensure that all scaffolding adhere to all federal and provincial scaffold regulations.
• Monitor path of construction, work face planning’s 30/60/90 lookahead schedule, and Level 4 schedule, and forecast overall scaffold requirements.
• Ensure that the scaffold Material Contractor meets material requirements and manage any shortfalls.
• Maintain, monitor, and track inventory levels of scaffold across site and report on scaffold KPIs to Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager.
• Manage overall utilization tracking of scaffold equipment and create efficiencies where possible.
• Participate in constructability review session and workface planning scope review sessions for planning efforts and provide necessary supports in light of cost and schedule.
• Understand change management concepts and when to prompt change management. Evaluate change requests and interfaces with the contract administrator for the initiation and development of contract modifications.
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project making safety a natural part of all work performed. Provide inputs to developing policies and procedures for scaffolding on site.
• Working on Project Site locations. On-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and various levels of outside weather.