City : New Annan
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Ag Research & Development Manager, the Research Technician needs to be analytical, detail-oriented and results-driven; a self-starter who can work well independently as well as in a team. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Perform field experiments, including planting, maintenance and harvesting of field plots;
- Organize and maintain accurate and timely test results, files and records and use this information to compile accurate reports
- Crop scouting and soil and tissue sampling
- Gather, interpret, and record research and data collection,
- Operate specialized farm, greenhouse and lab equipment;
- Prepare solutions, reagents, media or stains for prescribed tests
- Execute pilot projects/feasibility studies if required
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety procedures;
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in agricultural research with strong focus on field work
- Work experience in a farm environment or greenhouse and ability to operate farm machinery is preferred
- Post-secondary education in Agricultural Sciences/Crop Production is preferred.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a PEI Pesticide Applicator’s Certificate;
- High level of integrity and accountability;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to analyze and communicate information effectively and accurately;
- Comfortable working in an outdoor environment and performing physical labour
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours based on business needs
Work Address – Cavendish Farms Research Centre 25533 RTE 2, New Annan, PEI.
Terms of Employment – This is a Permanent Full-time Position in New Annan, PEI - 48 hours per week
Language of Work - English
Salary – $50,000 to $75,000
Benefits - Full benefits package which includes medical, health and dental plan and a retirement plan.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.