Registered Practical Nurse, Traumatic Stress Injury & Concurrent Program
City : Guelph
Category : Full-time Hourly
Industry : Nursing
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Registered Practical Nurse, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Internal applications for this position within the UFCW bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of being posted to have seniority considered in the selection process.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide nursing care on units across Homewood Specialized Services as required
- Contribute to fluctuating patient care needs according to CNO standards, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines, specific program philosophy and diversified patient populations
- Receive patient assignments and follow care plans accordingly
- Administer psychiatric and non-psychiatric medications and treatments
- Ensure necessary clinical assessments are initiated following admission and at various other times, eg. Mental Status Exam
- Engage with interdisciplinary teams and individual team members as appropriate
- Act as a preceptor, mentor, coach, or resource nurse as appropriate
- Participate in clinical discussions, team meetings, and patient/family conferences
- Accept changing work assignments across Homewood Specialized Services as required and directed by supervisor and/or delegate
What we’re looking for:
- Current registration as an RPN with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
- Up to 6 months of experience in general nursing practice preferred
- Experience working with patients with a substance use disorder an asset
- Current CPR certification
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Knowledge of documentation standards (CNO), and privacy legislation (PHIPPA)
- Knowledge of CBT/DBT and CPT is an asset
- Experience with group facilitation is an asset
- Ability to effectively manage crisis situations and deal with acutely ill patients
- Current knowledge and experience of assessment and treatment of psychiatric disorders, including prevention of suicide and management of aggressive behaviour
- Previous training in boundaries, suicide awareness and/or medication administration is an asset
- Awareness and acknowledgement of the value of using measurement-based care when supporting patients/clients to help guide clinical decision making; experience an asset
- Ability to work independently and with multi-disciplinary team
- Proficient computer skills, and experience working with a number of systems and software applications
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.