Quality Assurance Specialist
City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Quality Assurance Specialist - ( 220001C9 )
The Stantec community unites more than 21,000 specialists working in over 200 locations. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to make transportation, infrastructure, and energy and resource projects happen. Our work—professional consulting in planning, engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, and project management —begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination — our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of highway, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects through function planning, technical advisory services, detailed design and design build. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is seeking a Quality Specialist to join our Transportation and Infrastructure team with a background in Quality Assurance/Quality Management on large infrastructure programs or in mass transit systems.
This position requires excellent communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a team to successfully deliver major capital projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation and administration of the quality oversight program and procedures
- Provide assistance in preparing project plans, such as Quality Oversight Plan (QOP), Project Execution Plan (PEP) and/or Program Management Implementation Plan (PMIP)
- Provide training and guidance in the application of standards and industry best practices
- Review quality documentation for compliance to the quality program
- Conduct audits and inspections to verify that project services and deliverables meet quality program requirements
- Liaise with all relevant parties, internal and external, during quality audits and inspections
- Manage and report on non-conformities, corrective and preventive actions
- Assist in defining objectives and leading indicators
- Report quality metrics on a regular basis, the frequency of which is to be determined, and contribute to continuous improvement and Lessons Learned activities
- Provide support in responding to Request for Information (RFIs) or other quality related inquiries as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiarity with large infrastructure programs preferably in mass transit systems
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, presentation, written & verbal communication skills with a keen attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and ability to work on an individual basis
- Applied knowledge of quality principles, data collection, trend analysis, risk analysis and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the audit process and techniques would be an asset
- Understanding of corrective and preventive action process is an asset
- Good understanding of project management principles and/or exposure to project-based work structures
- Experience with MS Office suite and other PC skills
- Some travel may be required
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a professional engineering environment, with eligibility for Professional Engineering License is an asset
- 5 years’ experience in a construction or consulting environment with involvement in the delivery of major projects
- Experience with and understanding of quality standards and certification processes for ISO9001 and understanding of ISO19011 would be an asset
This description is not a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job : Quality Assurance/Control
Organization : BC-1605 Transportation-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 6, 2022, 11:16:29 AM
Req ID: 220001C9
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans