Quality Assurance Engineer
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER :
($70,122.26 - $81,237.60 - Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, IT Programs, the Quality Assurance Engineer provides quality assurance for BC Housing’s business systems, including packages applications and custom-built solutions. He/she/they reviews design documents to create test plans and cases, executes automation scripts, coordinates testing activities, chairs triage sessions, verifies new installs and services, collaborates on training documentation, and participates in post-implementation reviews, and systems performance analyses.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field.
- Considerable experience in providing quality assurance for enterprise-wide business systems, coordinating testers, creating test plans, writing comprehensive test cases, and building automated testing scripts.
- Considerable experience in using automated testing tools such as Katalon, Neoload, Apache JMeter
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of IT standards, system development life cycle, and IT development environments
- Considerable knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Considerable knowledge using MS DevOps and MS TFS for managing and executing test plans
- Sound knowledge of Oracle technology including database and middleware
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft’s Office365, SharePoint, and Azure Development
- Sound knowledge of hardware technologies including servers, workstations, networks, and operating systems
- Ability to collaborate with testing teams of staff and contractors and work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.