City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
($45,449.88 - $51,540.17 - Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Quality and Training, the Quality Assistant works in partnership with BC Housing staff and housing partners to ensure that housing partners complete timely and accurate records and administration of rent calculation for their housing units. He/She/They provides customer service and support in the daily operations of rent calculation functions to the housing providers. The position delivers standardized training, reviews and audits work provided by housing partners, and provides feedback for improvements and changes. He/She/They supports the Quality team and the larger Applicant Services team by assisting with the maintenance and creation of documentation and training materials, producing reports, participating on project task teams, and performing general administrative responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma plus post-secondary courses in office administration, business administration, or customer service.
- Some experience in an office environment and in a customer service role providing detailed information to the public.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide, affordable housing programs, and housing clientele.
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures and systems.
- Proficient in the use of standard computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply relevant Commission policies, practices, procedures, and guidelines, including those related to housing programs
- Ability to deliver training and presentations to housing providers and internal staff
- Ability to demonstrate patience and respect and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with upset, angry or abusive clients with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, the public, and housing providers.
- Ability to apply legislation, regulations, operating agreements, and other information sources for the purpose of assessing and explaining eligibility.
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines and adapt to critical priorities in an environment with competing priorities and a heavy and diverse workload without compromising the quality of work.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Ability to type minimum 40 words per minute
- Solid command of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Occasional travel may be required
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.