Project Technologist (Indigenous Asset Management)
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
PROJECT TECHNOLOGIST (INDIGENOUS ASSET MANAGEMENT) (2 POSITIONS):
$67,712.13 - $78,694.16 Annually
Reporting to the assigned supervisor, the Project Technologist provides technical and administrative services related to the building and grounds maintenance functions. He/She/They plans and provides corrective and preventative maintenance services, diagnose problems, as well as provides advice and direction to regional staff. The position prepares plans, drawings, and specifications for invitational and public tenders; assists managers in the preparation and monitoring of the annual operating budget and provides technical support to regional staff, and group home operators. The position keeps the Manager or Director informed and recommends appropriate action to resolve problems. The position may monitor the work of inspectors, architects, other consultants and general contractors. The role works in collaboration with Asset Strategies to review facility inspection reports and recommend routine corrective and/or preventative maintenance measures, as well as assists with the longer-range maintenance planning.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma from a Building, Engineering or Architectural Technology Program or equivalent education to qualify as an Applied Science Technologist (graduate of an accredited building technology diploma program).
- Considerable progressive experience as a technologist including experience with contract administration and building inspections.
- Significant experience with industry standard construction contracts. Considerable training in project management, building envelope principles, industry standards including regulatory requirements, construction contract administration, and recommended construction practices.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of the BC Building Code
- Considerable knowledge of Municipal approval procedures
- Considerable knowledge in building inspection
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational, creative thinking, and innovation skills
- Ability to read and critique construction drawings and building envelope assessment reports
- Ability to estimate construction costs for new construction, renovation, and building envelope repair projects
- Proficiency in use and of MS Office applications and in Construction software
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence
- Willingness to travel on Commission business and work periodic evenings and weekends
- Eligible for designation as an Engineer, Quality Surveyor, Architect, Architectural Technologist, or AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC)
- Criminal Record Check is Required.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.