City : DARTMOUTH
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager - ( 23000549 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec has an opportunity for a Project Manager to support growth in our Atlantic Environmental Services Team. The ideal candidate for this position is one that can capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Stantec’s profile and market share in the local market. Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and contributing to environmental projects associated with components of environmental assessments, and environmental permitting activities for a variety of projects. This position can be based in any of our offices in Atlantic Canada.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop, lead, manage and support components of environmental assessment and permitting projects in growth sectors such as renewable energy and mining
- Promote a strong health and safety culture and actively participate in Stantec’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment Program
- Coordinate and track project scopes, schedules, and deliverables
- Financial management, including manage project budgets, and working with internal Stantec financial tools to achieve project financial objectives
- Demonstrate leadership and coordination of staff across operating units
- Coordinate and write proposals
- Client management, client communication and business development
- Technical writing and report preparation
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- You are someone who understands the Consulting business. Industry or government/regulatory experience is also desirable
- You have flexibility to support on projects, write proposals and collaborate across the company
- You are a fast learner with strong leadership, client relationship and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base
- Demonstrated experience in large project development and management
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and processes is an asset
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Willingness to travel for project work and business development opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and ability to interact across a broad range of audiences/ technical backgrounds including internal and external clients and regulatory agencies
- Desire to mentor and manage junior an intermediate staff (experience supervising people and/or leading teams is an asset)
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an environmental consulting, industry, or government/regulatory roles, with a focus on managing and coordinating projects and teams
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Environmental Sciences, Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related discipline from a recognized university is considered an asset
- PMP designation is an asset but not a requirement
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1214 EnvSvcs-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 21, 2023, 3:36:56 PM
Req ID: 23000549
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans