City : Etobicoke, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Construction - Office
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Mattamy Homes Canada
Construction Office, GTA Urban Division
Senior Project Manager
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
The Project Manager will provide full-time project and construction management and has frequent interaction with the GTA Urban Division management team, consultants and site management. We’re looking for an experienced professional with success in overseeing the performance of residential high-rise or mid-rise projects.
What you’ll do
- Manages the administration and technicalities of GTA Urban projects ensuring company and project standard processes, procedures and policies are followed.
- Lead creation of construction management plan and traffic management plan.
- Ensure internal deadlines are met with regards to consultant’s drawings for site plan approval (SPA), permits, tender and issued for construction (IFC) issued for construction.
- During the design management process, prepares estimates and value engineering analysis, peer reviews and constructability reviews.
- Assist with design development by ensuring constructability, schedule and budgets are being considered as decisions are being made.
- Develop, prepare and maintain detailed project schedule in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager/Director, Senior Vice President of Construction and the Superintendent.
- Maintain comprehensive budgets, monitoring and managing costs on actuals versus budget and ensures communication and reports are provided and reviewed by Senior Project Manager/Director and Senior Vice President of Construction on a regular basis.
- Manage project staff through on-going performance management/development including the Project Coordinator.
- Lead negotiation of contract negotiation and awards with support from the Senior Project Manager/Director and Senior Vice President.
- Create schedule for the Design Studio to follow to ensure charts are on site meeting the site’s needs.
- Manage contracts by being responsible for solicitation, evaluation and selection of consultants and sub-trades while ensuring compliance with procedures and policies.
- Review and provide analysis of drawings and specifications ensuring communication to the project team including site staff, trades etc.
- Establish and implement quality assurance and a quality control program.
What you bring
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management Degree, related field, or suitable combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of progressive experience and success in leading residential Highrise and/or Midrise projects.
- In-depth knowledge of Ontario Building Code, safety legislation, and Ministry of Labour guidelines/procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and project operations, including building materials/methods, and a strong foundation in building science.
- Knowledge of collective agreements for multi-trade sites
- Knowledge of municipal planning by-laws, project permitting process, and zoning
- Ability to generate, review, and administer complex subcontracts and purchase orders, ensuring all risks are mitigated and opportunities are identified.
- Knowledge of Tarion, warranty processes, and construction performance guidelines
- Understanding of procure to pay process.
- Valid Class G driver’s license with the ability to travel as required to various job sites.
- Experience in Design and Construction Management with understanding the stages of the Design and Construction process.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Procore.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.