City : TORONTO, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : The Bay Supply Chain & Logistics
Employer : The Bay
Day In The Life:
As the Project Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the development/implementation of projects and processes involving department or cross-functional teams. The incumbant will focus on the delivery of a product and/or solution, from the design stage through a finished state for internal/external customers. This position operates out of The Bay's Scarborough, Ontario distribution center.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Aids in the management of the project roadmap.
- Defines project scope and objectives. Oversees/coordinates all aspects of the project and serves as a link between creative, technical, marketing and other business teams.
- Plans and directs the team to execute schedules as well as manage costs within project budgets. Monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customers on all matters.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to direct the analysis of, and solution to problems; meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, budgets, and status reports.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project deliverables.
- Partners with the project Business Analyst and Application Development teams to deliver new features and functionality for banners.
- Ensures deliverables meet project requirements; reviews deliverables with business stakeholders and incorporates feedback.
- Coordinates 3rd-party relationships as needed.
- Conduct post-mortems on projects and disseminate conclusions to the rest of the team.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
What You Will Need:
- A bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a project lead, ideally in supply chain and logistics.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of team leadership experience.
- Proven experience with large scale initiatives, in either digital or enterprise environment with budgets exceeding $500k
- Strong knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Proven ability to work independently, and balance priorities in a dynamic environment with multiple assigned projects and tasks.
- Strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills.
- Strong development, motivational, and negotiating skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to present complex ideas clearly, manage the complexities of integrating new processes and to influence individuals across business boundaries to achieve objectives.
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. Come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Bay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.