City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Engineer-Substations - ( 2400008F )
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. We operate with the strength of a $7B company paired with the agility of a specialized power and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world’s most impactful power and dam projects vital to both local and global communities.
Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or electric grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in power delivery, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Stantec’s Power team in Burnaby BC is currently offering exciting opportunities for Project Engineers to work on a variety of HV/EHV AC and DC substation projects throughout North America.
Project Engineers will work closely with project managers to manage the scope, schedule and budget of high voltage substation projects from technical perspectives. They will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop efficient and reliable substations for our clients. They will coordinate the planning and design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project managers to manage the scope, schedule and cost of the projects from technical perspectives.
- Identify and manage the project technical risks.
- Perform as project technical lead to liaise with among internal engineering teams, clients and 3rd parties on all technical topics.
- Lead and coordinate with internal engineering team to complete tasks that involve multiple disciplines, such as reviewing vendor drawings of equipment, inter-discipline check on deliverables, maintain and update project technical document record as well as internal QA record on project folders, organize and initiate communication with internal discipline teams on complex technical challenges, etc.
- Develop design plan, strategies, schedule and resource planning for engineering activities on the projects at Identification, Definition and Implementation phases.
- Coordinate and oversee the development of technical documents such as specifications, drawings and reports.
- Work with construction management, engineering teams, procurement management to ensure that technical support is available and issues are addressed in a timely manner during construction, fabrication and testing & commissioning.
- Assist in preparing proposals, project plans and estimate.
- Follow internal QA/QC procedures to deliver high quality engineering service to the clients.
- Conduct site visit to verify existing installation, define project scope, prepare for detailed design and provide construction site supports as required.
- May be required to conduct detailed engineering works such as design, specifications and studies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Field experience in commissioning and testing is an asset.
- Proven knowledge in Geotechnical, Civil/Structural, P&C, SCADA, Telecom, Mechanical, Architectural is an asset.
- Equipment engineering experience is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Microstation.
- Effective interpersonal skills (written, verbal) are a must in interaction with multi-disciplinary teams, suppliers, sub-consultants and client relationships.
- Demonstrated capability to efficiently handle multitasks.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (specialization in Power System) with minimum 8 years of proven experience of project engineer role related to high voltage substations for utilities in North America.
- 6 years of direct experience on Physical Design of high voltage (69kV and above) substation projects is required.
- Professional Engineer registered with the Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC).
Typical office environment working with computers; Stantec offers a flexible work environment (a hybrid model of working in the office and at home). Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergized
We would like to thank all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $88,300 - $128,000 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1182 Energy-CA West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 23, 2024, 8:38:17 AM
Req ID: 2400008F
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans