Project Engineer – Interface Management
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor M&M is a leader in the study, engineering, and execution of M&M projects world-wide. We have designed and constructed marquee projects in all regions of the world. Regionally, our current project base includes landmark projects in British Columbia, Western United States, Argentina, Chile, and European Union. We work with multiple major, and many emerging, mining companies, generally with a focus on precious metals. Our team is leading the market with efficient designs and serves as a key partner for our clients in developing new ways of adopting innovative technologies emerging in our sector, as well as redefining the project delivery model for the next wave of major world projects. We are currently executing feasibility study, detailed design, and construction work ranging from small capital improvement projects to our client’s largest mega-projects.
As Project Engineer – Interface Management, you would be responsible for the delivery of services by a portion of the Fluor team, supplier or contractor to Fluor's high safety and quality standards, meeting or improving on cost, schedule and project defined milestones. You could be part of the team for small to large-sized, or mega-sized EPC or EPCM projects. We look forward to welcoming energetic contributors looking for long-term development as part of our vibrant office.
The purpose of this position is to support interface management activities with accountability to the Project Manager and work on multidisciplinary teams to plan and perform work requiring sound technical judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management assignments worldwide. This role has the responsibility to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project. Performing assigned general duties of limited scope and level of responsibility, this position is designed to develop broader project management knowledge and experience.
You would be responsible for activities including:
• Performing basic project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems;
• Coordinating efforts of internal disciplines, consultants, and contractors to establish clear lines of responsibility, and ensure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements and contractual obligations;
• Supporting enforcement and/or implementation of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) requirements and initiatives;
• Supporting creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitoring activities, progress, and milestones against the plans;
• Supporting creation and coordination of project effort hours, and cost estimates and budgets, and monitor progress and cost performance against these;
• Supporting the preparation, delivery, and coordination of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages;
• Other duties as assigned.