City : Saint John
Category : Project/Program Management
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
Location: Saint John, NB
Are you organized, efficient, good at handling multiple priorities, and driven to succeed? We are looking for a Project Coordinator who will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of a diverse set of infrastructure initiatives and enhancements aligned to a specific set of business within JDI. The role will be a pivotal touch point between the customer and IT, and you will be expected to blend your capabilities, other internal resources and third-party skillsets to get the job done on time with high quality. A dynamic and critical role to our team, this team member understands technology, people and how to make things happen.
If you are looking for your next challenge, this is a unique opportunity to be part of transforming the way technology drives business and, if we may say so, it’s pretty impressive. Come be part of that change!
A Day in the Life:
Having responsibilities on multiple projects, you will never be doing the same thing for two days in a row! There are days when you are working with a Project Manager to get a project kicked off and a team secured and other days where there is a go-live approaching and you are focused on whatever you can do to help the team deliver. Focusing your day by asking yourself these pivotal questions:
What part of the project was finished?
What are the next steps to be completed to meet the project goals?
What are the challenges of the project that the team needs to solve?
Your day is enabled by project management tools, such as Project Gantt charts, Status reports, Microsoft Azure Dev ops, Microsoft teams, Project portfolio management tools, process maps & Stage Gate checklists. Continuously learning about project management methodology and approaches, including Waterfall, Kanban, and Scrum. You will be working closely with our experienced project managers and be a key role in supporting the overall life cycle of a project.
- Responsible for administration support to ensure successful delivery of IT projects and service requests related for the JDI IT Project Management Office
- Work with technical teams to develop and validate technical designs that meet customer specifications and align with IT standards
- Work with technical teams to identify equipment and service requirements
- Validate budget and collect cost estimates for equipment and services to complete delivery
- Coordinate any site requirements such as facility access, cabling, and power
- Coordinate customer communication and day of deployment activities
- Manage warranty period and structured transition to steady state operations
- Delivering financial reporting and tracking of IT activities, related to the Project Management office
- Maintaining and monitoring project schedule, dashboards and budget
- Organizing, attending, and participating in team meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring projects adhere to Project Management Governance and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
- Customer focused: motivated by inspiring others to do things differently
- Technically inclined, process oriented and driven by a natural curiosity
- Analytical; enjoy problem solving and being empowered to make decisions
- Happy in an environment where you can work independently as well as collaboratively
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team
- A continuous learner: acquiring new skills and software applications is second nature
- At home in a fast-paced work environment where solutions are not always clearly defined
- Able to motivate others through effective communication and people skills
- Organized, analytical and business savvy
- Bachelor’s Degree Business,, Information Systems, Project Management or related field.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Project management skills would be considered an asset
- Procure to pay work process experience would be considered an asset
JDI IT: Who we are and what we offer
At JDI IT we believe that what people experience matters more than technology!
With over 350 employees, we offer the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses, and industries. From forestry, to transportation, to shipbuilding, we are working directly with our business counterparts to align their goals to continued advancements in IT. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and “getting it done”!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.