City : WATERLOO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Coordinator - ( 210002QB )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
In this position as a Project Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to coordinate and execute engineering and community development projects while working as part of a Team of engineers, planners, architects and technologists for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates with other professionals on assigned projects and contacts clients about progress reports and proposals
- Provides project coordination duties in a Team environment on a daily basis to ensure the execution and delivery of projects.
- Assist the engineer in the functional and detailed design of the site, grading, servicing and water/wastewater layout on projects, including preparation of functional servicing reports.
- Aids with preparing preliminary drawings, sketches and notes for projects, as well as reviewing drawings, providing redlines and preparing plans for submittal.
- May provide CAD drafting and design assistance for a wide variety of projects, from report stage through design and construction administration.
- Assist in preparation of engineering cost estimates, tender documents and issued for construction drawings.
- Provides design ideas and solutions and performs preliminary quality control of construction documents.
- May attend construction sites and meetings.
- Assisting in resolution of technical issues on construction sites.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough understanding of grading, servicing and drainage design.
- Takes initiative on, and responsibility of, tasks and in coordinating with other members of the Team on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of software programs including AutoCAD Civil3D and Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of basic calculations and civil engineering standards.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Eligibility for C.E.T or P. Eng. designation. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience preferred.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1614 Community Development-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 1, 2021, 8:27:17 AM
Req ID: 210002QB
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans