City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Coordinator - ( 2300011L )
Our team of professionals work together to achieve the results that have lasting success in the communities we work in. Through our partnerships, industry experience, and use of technology, we develop innovative ways to solve emerging issues, meet regulations, and increase productivity. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator to join our Power team in Calgary. This position will support the project management components that require day to day interaction with internal and external stakeholders. With compliance to Stantec’s ISO requirements, corporate policies, project management objectives you will lead the drive to achieve client requirements and standards. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the project team to maintain a current and accurate understanding of project status (budget, schedule, change management)
- Prepare high quality, accurate and timely documents such as: specification packages, reports, RFIs, minutes, submittals tracking, and other required documentation
- Prepare required project set up documentation
- Coordinate project budget and schedule change management
- Oversee project invoicing and support project team with innovative solutions to expedite completion
- Support business development functions
- Maintain document control best practices
- Demonstrate ability to organize and plan administrative workflows:
- Prepare project specifications, reports, and other required documents
- Track RFIs, purchase orders and submittals
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Prior experience working in the engineering, architecture, or construction field required with focus on task coordination
- Solid experience with MS Project, Visio, MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communications a must
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to successfully work both collaboratively and independently.
- Advanced computer literacy with tracking, time management, project planning is an asset
- Transmission, distribution, and substation project experience is considered an asset
Education and Experience:
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience
- Prior consulting experience a strong asset
Typical office environment working with computers; Stantec offers a flexible work environment (a hybrid model of working in the office and at home).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
Stantec is committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1182 Energy-CA West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 2, 2023, 12:43:11 PM
Req ID: 2300011L
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans