City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Coordinator - ( 230004P0 )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec is seeking a Geotechnical Project Coordinator to join our team in the Markham, ON office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide coordination support on a variety of small to large geotechnical projects in Ontario. Coordination includes utility locates, permitting, resourcing, scheduling, logistics planning for several field crews.
- Develop, lead, manage and support components of geotechnical projects.
- Coordinating and tracking of assignments, scopes, schedules budgets, and deliverables.
- Promoting a strong health and safety culture and actively participate in Stantec’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment Program.
- Demonstrating leadership and coordination of staff across operating units.
- Technical writing and report preparation as needed.
- Support fieldwork as needed.
- Other general field and office related duties.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding of the consulting business and flexible to support projects and collaborate across the company.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with project teams.
- Assertive personality, ability to make decisions and to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel for project work, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and ability to interact across a broad range of audiences/ technical backgrounds including internal and external clients and regulatory agencies.
- Desire to learn the geotechnical business and contribute to the success of a team.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1216 EnvSvcs-CA GeoTech East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 22, 2023, 10:29:56 AM
Req ID: 230004P0
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans