Project Controls Specialist – New Graduate
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industries. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity, and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Project Controls at Fluor participate in planning, scheduling, progressing, cost control, forecasting and reporting aspects for a specific project. Project Controls Specialists are assigned for the full extent of a project and will enjoy seeing the project from start to finish. Involvement throughout the entire project lifecycle for capital projects can be exciting and extremely rewarding.
• Learn the cost and/or scheduling terminology
• Learn and understand the principles of a Work Breakdown Structure
• Collect data, input updates, and produce basic cost / scheduling management reports
• Ensure efficiency and accuracy in generating and gathering data; maintain orderly records to ensure the integrity of the system
• Assist in the change management process
• Provide and collect historical data
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize your own work assignments, as well as carrying out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and global standards