Project Controls Manager
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Controls Manager - ( 230003LL )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and deliver projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking Project Controls Manager within our Program Management group with a background in large infrastructure programs.
This is a key position and requires excellent communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a team to successfully deliver major capital projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for execution and review of all project controls duties including initiating, planning, scheduling, cost estimating, cost control, risk and quality review.
- Manage a large project controls team on large complex infrastructure program with concurrent projects.
- Develop and implement project controls tools, processes and policies.
- Establish and implement project monitoring and reporting plan.
- Prepare and present project reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with various departments for the sharing of project information.
- Provide innovative solutions to project processes and problems.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive technical knowledge and demonstrated experience of project controls processes and reporting on large infrastructure programs.
- Extensive technical knowledge of project control practices.
- Ability to adapt and excel in fast paced, high intensity environments.
- Ability to develop and maintain client and stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large teams.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Advanced understanding of alternative procurement methods.
Education and Experience
- University degree or Diploma/Certificate in a related field.
- 15 years of experience on projects showing increasing responsibility or aptitude for project controls and management.
- Has a PMP designation or working towards attainment of Designation preferable.
This description is not a comprehensive description of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1262 Transpt-CA Program Management
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 5, 2023, 9:45:13 AM
Req ID: 230003LL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans