Program Services Worker (Porter)
City : Banff
Category : Program Services
Industry : Charitable and Non-profit
Employer : Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
Program Services Worker
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
We acknowledge, with deep respect and gratitude, our home on the side of Sacred Buffalo Guardian Mountain. In the spirit of respect and truth, we honour and acknowledge the Banff area, known as “Minhrpa” (translated in Stoney Nakoda as “the waterfalls”) and the Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Îyârhe Nakoda (Stoney Nakoda) – comprised of the Bearspaw, Chiniki, and Goodstoney Nation – as well as the Tsuut’ina First Nation and the Blackfoot Confederacy comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, Kainai. We acknowledge that this territory is home to the Shuswap Nations, Ktunaxa Nations, and Metis Nation of Alberta, Region 3. We acknowledge all Nations who live, work, and play, help us steward this land, and honour and celebrate this place.
The primary responsibility of the Program Services Worker is the delivery, set-up, preparation, service, and clearing of program space and coffee/snack services for meetings, events, special functions, and programs at Banff Centre. The Program Services Worker also responds to various physical requests from other departments such as office moves, piano moves, assisting artists, and other duties as needed to provide exceptional customer service.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to Manager, Program Services below are some key accountabilities:
- Ensuring the correct and complete set up and preparation of program space required for each day as outlined in the banquet event order
- Transporting (either by foot or by service vehicle), moving, and the physical set-up of tables, chairs, dance floors, risers, and other equipment required for meetings' coffee/snack services, special functions, and events
- Ensuring prompt and efficient delivery and service of all food and beverage items required for meetings either by foot or by driving a Banff Centre service vehicle
- Maintaining the cleanliness of all program areas including classrooms, meeting spaces, storage closets, and storage areas before, during, and after program activity
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Approximately one year of experience working in a similar role
- Organized, efficient, and able to effectively budget time to complete many different tasks
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift and carry heavy equipment up to 80 pounds is required
- This position requires a valid license to drive in Alberta
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, hourly support staff position, subject to a 500 hour probationary period.
- This position pays $20.34 per hour working up to 37.5 hours per week on a rotating
- Benefits of working at Banff Centre are:
- Staff housing options (based on availability)
- Professional Development
- Staff cafeteria and restaurant discounts
- Onsite fitness facility at a discounted rate + first month free for new staff!
- We are accepting applications for the Program Services Worker position until a suitable candidate is found.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Banff Centre is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.