City : Markham
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Data & AI organization is seeking experienced and results-driven Product Managers to join our Business Analytics team. An ideal candidate would be an entrepreneurial, adaptable, analytical, persuasive, empathetic, tenacious, and creative problem solver, who is exposed to and is well versed in both business and technology concepts. We are specifically looking for candidates with strong backgrounds in product management and business analytics and track records of successfully launching and managing data-driven products.
Product Managers (PM) operate in a demanding role at the epicenter of multi-disciplinary teams which include design, engineering, sales, marketing, finance, and legal. In this role, you’ll play a central role leading and orchestrating the definition of product requirements and go-to-market strategy to solve data challenges of enterprise and mid-market clients. This role requires collaboration and coordination across internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of our organization. You’ll work with our clients, Data and AI experts, partners, and other cross functional stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features and spearhead the definition and delivery of new and differentiated capabilities.
• Define and lead the product roadmap for our business analytics products collaborating with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, marketing, and customer success to ensure alignment with overall company strategy and client needs
• Establish goals and review metrics to plan and deliver success and drive business review on a regular cadence
• Regularly participate in overall functional program planning (e.g., for offering content, usability, schedule, and quality)
• Articulate market problems to the broader product team
• Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and client interviews to identify new product opportunities and inform product strategy
• Develop and maintain product requirements documents (PRDs) and user stories that clearly define product features, functionality, and metrics for success
• Work closely with engineering teams to ensure that product requirements are accurately translated into technical requirements and products are delivered on time and within budget
• Conduct user acceptance testing (UAT) and gather feedback from clients and business partners to ensure that products meet client and market needs and expectations
• Analyze product performance data to identify areas for improvement and inform future product development decisions
• Collaborate with sales, marketing, and customer success teams to develop product positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies that drive product adoption and growth
• Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices related to business analytics products and technologies
• Support press and analyst activities as required
Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25%, including international travel.
The successful candidate must have exceptional technical capabilities, communication skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated relevant experience with Data and AI products and/or services in Business Analytics. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambitious projects that will be industry defining and trend setting. This position requires a solid business and technical background, and the candidate should be client-focused with a passion for delivering compelling user experiences. When considering applicants for this role, we look for education and background in areas such as innovation, entrepreneurship, engineering, computer science, market/user research, design thinking, technology commercialization, business, and go-to-market practices. We look for candidates who exhibit the aptitude and experience relevant to product management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Self-starter with proven record to deliver client and business outcomes
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a passion for data-driven decision making
• Proven ability to synthesize complex issues and opinions into simple stories
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
• Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously (processes, resources, and stakeholders)
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
• Proven track record of successfully launching and managing data-driven products
• Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as Jira and Confluence
• Familiarity with business analytics tools and technologies such as Tableau, Power BI, and SQL
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, related field or equivalent experience in product management and business analytics
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.