City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Product Development
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
What you'll do:
- Assist the Product Development team for Women’s Sportswear and Men’s Sportswear/Active/Outerwear/Swim
- Work closely with PD and Design Team on sourcing and tracking fabrications, trims, techniques for future developments
- Work with Design/Product Development to ensure all details and timelines are met, red-flagging issues immediately
- Work closely with cross functional teams to adhere to the margin targets without sacrificing the integrity of the style
- Attend and participate in Line Review and Finalization meetings
- Negotiate costs directly with overseas factories to achieve the desired price point and margin goals
- Collaborate with the Design Team to execute styles from initial concept through pass off to the Production Team
- Communicate with factories and follow-up on design development and style confirmation
- Responsible for tracking and distribution of fabric/trim sourcing to Design team
- Daily communication to ensure vendors adhere to Development Calendar
- Prepare samples/materials for meetings
- Create and prep BOM’s for Production Hand-Over meetings
- Analyze sales data from present and past seasons
What you'll bring:
- College education or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge a must
- PLM knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Proficient knowledge in fabric contents and constructions
- Sharp eye for design, detail and style
- Able to troubleshoot quickly and maintain a positive attitude
- Able to perform roles and responsibilities independently while supervisor is traveling
- Highly organized and Extremely detailed
- Enjoys a diverse and dynamic work environment
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.