City : CALGARY, Alberta, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
We are currently seeking a Private Banker to join our team in the AB &T region out of Calgary. You will be an accredited professional delivering the Black Card Experience to high net worth Canadians, focused on Private Banking’s core value proposition of wealth planning, credit, cash management, and day-to-day banking. You will be responsible for bringing new clients to RBC by building a strong network in your local market while growing and deepening existing client relationships through discovery and advice. You will also be focused on winning as One RBC by introducing clients to the right solutions, partners, and capabilities at the right time, to help meet client needs both within Private Banking and across RBC.
What will you do?
- Provide high-end relationship management and proactive advice to high net worth households following all five principles of the Black Card Experience, delivering an exceptional client experience and building client loyalty
- Put clients at the centre and bring the full power of RBC to them, introducing them to the right partner at the right time, such as a Wealth Management Advisor/Counsellor for long-term investment advice, or a Commercial Account Manager for a business relationship
- Be present in the community in order to be relevant to existing and prospective clients, leading to the ability to provide proactive advice and solutions beyond the immediate needs
- Build/maintain an external Centre of Influence and internal partner network aligned with your target market in order to acquire new clients
- Introduce the Private Banking Associate and Private Banking Advisor teams as key advisors on managing day-to-day banking needs and Credit Structures team as credit experts for credit advice and solutions; support the teams by respecting and reinforcing role clarity to deliver on client needs
- Represent RBC Private Banking by acting as an ambassador for the business
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in providing advice and solutions to high net worth clients
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal.
- Thorough understanding of high net worth financial sales and client relationship management
- Financial Planner accreditation either PFP or CFP.
- Mutual Fund Dealer – Dealing Representative License
- Experience in Commercial Financial Services
- Professional designations such as CFA, CPA, MBA, LL.B., FEA
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.