City : Montreal
Category : Full Time
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Laurentian Bank
Seeing beyond numbers™
At Laurentian Bank, we believe we can change banking for the better. Founded in Montreal in 1846, Laurentian Bank helps families, businesses and communities thrive. Today, we have over 3,000 employees working together as One Team, to provide a broad range of financial services and advice-based solutions for customers across Canada and the United States. We drive results by placing our customers first, making the better choice, acting courageously, and believing everyone belongs.
This role sits within Laurentian Bank.The Private Banking business unit is responsible for the profitable growth of the Bank's assets and liabilities. It offers products and services that meet the needs of preferred clients in accordance with established policies and standards.
This business unit offers a full suite of retail financial services: portfolio management, financial planning, private banking and tax advice.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business administration with a major in finance, financial services or the equivalent in a field related to financial services
- At least five years of experience in the banking or financial industry
- Financial Planner professional designation, an asset
- Certification as a mutual fund representative
- Completed the Financial Planning I and II courses offered by CSI or any equivalent training
- Analyze clients' needs and provide recommendations and personalized support.
- Conduct personalized financial planning that meets clients' needs and objectives.
- Develop and maintain high-quality personalized business relationships and ensure that the Bank's service offering is extended to households.
- Participate in events, conferences and other promotional activities.
- Establish a business development plan that aims to grow the investment portfolio, expand the suite of banking products and services and identify potential clients.
- Stay up to date on financial news and on the seven financial planning areas.
- Work closely with the Private Banking and Retail Services staff to ensure support, consistency and synergy in business development and customer service.
- Perform all tasks of similar or general nature requested by his or her superior or required for the job and ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Knowledge of the seven financial planning areas
- Excellent sales skills
- Business development and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage a portfolio; strong communication skills
- Attentive to clients' needs; tactful and diplomatic
- Excellent knowledge of French and English, spoken and written
What Laurentian Bank has to offer you
The total compensation offered by Laurentian Bank encompasses a comprehensive range of benefits, highlighting our commitment to the well-being and success of our employees.
Here are some of the key points of our offering:
- The actual annual base salary offered will take into account internal equity, skills, and experience among other factors.
- Total compensation: Earn a comprehensive compensation package that includes annual reviews and performance-based bonuses.
- Work model: We prioritize a hybrid work model based on business needs.
- Stock purchase plan: Become not just an employee, but a Laurentian Bank shareholder. Employer matching takes your investment even further.
- Time off: In addition to paid vacation, we provide floating days and leave options to accommodate the diverse needs of our employees.
- Health and wellness: Take care of your health and well-being with access to healthcare professionals, our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and a Stress Management and Well-Being Program.
- Group insurance and pension: We offer a competitive insurance program based on your family’s needs and a defined contribution pension plan to help prepare for your future.
- Financial benefits: As a Laurentian Bank employee, you’re also the best ambassador for our products and services. Take advantage of employee-only offers on a wide range of products. Enjoy exclusive deals and preferred rates on products and services including insurance, hotels, train tickets, spas and many more.
We are committed to creating a fulfilling professional environment where your skills are valued, and your well-being is a priority. Join us for a rewarding career at Laurentian Bank.
Inclusion and Accessibility
At Laurentian Bank, we believe everyone belongs. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities and where everyone feels like they belong and can thrive. To this end, we encourage applications from individuals from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous persons, racialized and persons with disabilities, marginalized genders and the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
We strive to offer a flexible and accessible work experience that is inclusive of everyone. If at any time you need an accommodation, please let us know.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship with you.