Principal Software Developer
City : Waterloo
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® – the iconic brand you know and trust – is now a market leading cybersecurity software and services company.
Creating the gold standard for unified endpoint security (UES) and unified endpoint management (UEM), BlackBerry Spark offers the broadest set of security capabilities, management tools and visibility covering people, devices, networks, apps, and automation. BlackBerry Spark uses artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and automation to provide improved cyber threat prevention and remediation, while offering transparency across all endpoints for better management and control.
Among the first to market with full seventh generation AI for cybersecurity, BlackBerry Spark helps users understand risks and make intelligent decisions to mitigate them before they happen. Today BlackBerry secures 96% of the threat landscape, preventing more than 165 million cyberattacks in 2021 alone. Named by Cybersecurity Ventures as 1 of the top 150 companies to watch, we securely connect more than 500 million mobile, desktop and IoT endpoint devices for G7 governments, 9/10 global financial institutions as well as the largest global aerospace, defense, healthcare, automotive, and media companies.
Chances are, we are more a part of your life today than we ever were as a handset company.
Come join us as we deliver ‘Intelligent Security. Everywhere.’
In return for your talent and enthusiasm, we will provide you with an attractive compensation, bonus & great benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to thrive in a dynamic environment, working alongside outstanding colleagues, developing an industry cybersecurity portfolio. In short, you bring the talent, and we provide the environment, tools, and resources for you to succeed, win big, and accelerate your professional growth & development
Are you the person we are looking for?
We are rapidly growing our development team responsible for the continuous evolution of our BlackBerry cyber security platform. Are you an “out of the box” thinker who shows initiative, possesses a great drive for a successful outcome, and excellent Java programming skills in an enterprise context?
JOIN US and use your initiative, curiosity, and experience to contribute to all aspects of our development initiatives - leading development efforts and working on the latest technologies such as cloud computing, cyber security applications and globally distributed microservice-based platforms!
What you will do
- Work with a team of awesome fellow developers to achieve project objectives
- Take full ownership for the assigned development tasks including analysis and design, implementation, and transition activities (passing to QA, Operations, or deploying via automation)
- Provide accurate and detailed estimates for the work assigned
- Prototype features, incorporate feedback, and work iteratively to implement complex components and systems on time and with high degree of quality
- Participate in team code reviews and provide feedback
- Plan, create, and execute automated tests
- Interact and cooperate with other teams to achieve successful project completion
- Maintain design documentation, configuration, or troubleshooting guides
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve customers and production issues
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject and/or 5 years or more of experience in enterprise software development as a Senior/Principal Developer
- Strength in Enterprise Java (including JMS, JUnit, etc) and related frameworks (Spring, Spring Boot, ORM like Hibernate, or equivalent) . Alternately Microsoft Development experience (C#, .Net) is equally acceptable.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle or others) and distributed caching
- Skills in web services technologies (e.g. RESTful, App Servers)
- Linux proficiency and experience dealing with globally distributed systems
- Exposure to Agile development practices such as Scrum and test-driven development
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
- Curiosity, desire to learn new things, and explore new technologies
It would be great if you have the following but it's not essential
- Familiar with Cloud (e.g. AWS or others),
- Knowledge of authentication schemes and protocols (OAuth, JWT, OIDC)
- Front-end frameworks experience (i.e. Angular, React)
- Experience with Git, Maven and Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD
- Working knowledge of non-relational database (e.g. Cassandra or others)
- Skills in scripting languages (e.g. Python, shell [Bash], or others)
Interested in hearing more? Then we would love to hear from you!
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40