Pavement Data Technician
City : WATERLOO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Pavement Data Technician - ( 230001CU )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s Infrastructure Management and Pavement Engineering (IMPE) Group is a recognized leader in pavement engineering, integrated infrastructure /asset management consulting, and related data collection activities. We have vast experience in pavement engineering and management, providing clients with sustainable pavement solutions. We are well recognized through projects successfully completed throughout North America and abroad.
An opportunity exists for a talented and ambitious Pavement Data Technician to join the Infrastructure Management and Pavement Engineering team in our Waterloo, ON office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis, review and quality control of pavement data in a variety of platforms including internal software utilities. A working knowledge of MS Access databases and MS Excel spreadsheets is essential. In addition, familiarity with GIS software, and SQL or other programming languages would be considered asset.
We are seeking a motivated individual with strong collaboration and communication skills; someone with excellent organizational skills that is willing to put in extra time when required. Must be able to manage simultaneous assignments while ensuring on-time, quality deliverables.
Your Key Responsibilities
As part of our Data Services Group, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and organizing field and spatial data to ensure quality and consistency
- Pavement data quality control, including daily field data checks
- Preparing for field surveys including route planning
- Processing pavement condition data: assets, images, distress, roughness and GPS data
- Working with spatial data in ESRI ArcMap and writing queries in MS Access
- Coordinating with team members and project managers to assemble data packages
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail are essential
- Exposure to analytical data and proficiency in working with databases – a working knowledge of MS Access, ArcMap and MS Excel are essential
- Knowledge of FME software and/or experience with programming is considered an asset
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Time-management skills – ability to work under pressure with dynamic deadlines
Education and Experience
Diploma in an Engineering field, GIS, Database Management or related Technology course
Experience and interest in the engineering or consulting industry
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1620 Transpt-CA Ontario West IMPE
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 21, 2023, 11:24:37 AM
Req ID: 230001CU
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans