Oracle WebLogic/Fusion Middleware Administrator
City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Oracle WebLogic/Fusion Middleware Administrator - ( 2200048A )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 350 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Information Technology Services.
The Middleware Database Administer will have a chance to work in a very dynamic environment with multiple teams. You will be part of the team that is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the Fusion Middleware stack. This includes Oracle Identity Governance, Oracle Access Management, and Oracle Enterprise Manager. As well as the Oracle middleware products, there are third party apps that you will interact and support. From MSSQL monitoring to JAVA application support.
This role can be performed from any major Stantec office location and there is the opportunity to work mainly remote.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Installing and patching: Installation, configuration and tuning of fusion middleware, WebLogic environments.
- Conduct Troubleshooting: Work with the Application server admins and Oracle DBA to resolve application problems.
- Perform Migrations: Migrate code between test, Quality Assurance (QA) and production environments.
- Create Configuration: Configuration of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Single Sign On (SSO) for fusion middleware and fusion middleware-based products such as Oracle Analytics Server (OAS), E-Business Suite (EBS), Grid (aka Cloud Control).
- Perform Tuning: Tuning of fusion middleware, (Products include Grid, Oracle Internet Directory (OID), Oracle Access Manager (OAM)/SSO, Oracle Identity Management (OIM), EBS). Develops standards and tuning metrics and alert thresholds.
- Oversee QA: Review proposed changes and test them in a test and QA environment.
- Create Documentation: Develops a complete set of fusion middleware documentation describing the current configuration of fusion middleware, (Products include Grid, OID, OAM/SSO, OIM, EBS).
- Develop Best Practices.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have 5 to 7 years of recent Oracle Identity Management/Governance (OAM, OIM), Oracle Identity Self Service, Oracle Internet Directory.
- Must have WebLogic/Fusion both 11g and 12C installation experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of providing Oracle Database Administration support; including products OID/OAM/SSO, and Oracle Cloud Control and an understanding of related technologies, especially Java (JDeveloper, J2EE, Apache).
- Must be practiced in WLST scripting.
- Knowledge of 11g and 12C configurations.
- Experience in configuring WebLogic behind an web server (Apache, IIS, Tomcat).
- Knowledge of OEM Grid Control 13.x on WebLogic 12C.
- Must have a functional knowledge of UNIX shell scripting; RHEL specifically.
- Prefer combined experience as Database Administrator.
- Excellent communications skills; being able to communicate clearly, both orally and with written communications.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of specialized experience
- Related diploma or degree, and/or equivalent combination of experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : United States-Florida-Tampa, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, United States-Texas-Austin, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, United States-Maine-Portland, United States-Arizona-Chandler, United States-Oregon-Portland
Organization : BC-1374 IT Services-Corporate-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 19, 2022, 9:49:29 AM
Req ID: 2200048A
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans