City : Whitehorse
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Operations Analyst - ( 240000RH )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
We have an opening for an Operations Analyst to support Business Operations in Northern Canada. An integral part of this role will be to proactively liaise with the Regional and Business Centre (BC) leadership to support implementing company strategies and programs to achieve business goals. Working directly with the Operations Leader (BCOL) and Practice Leaders (BCPL), you would assist Project Managers, Principals and Associates achieve management and financial protocols.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Facilitate the implementation of the approved office business plans.
- Work with Business Centre Leadership to promote the use of forward-looking metrics (revenue forecasting, backlog) in the management of the Business Centres.
- Support the management of the day-to-day operations of the Business Centre.
- Actively collaborate with the Regional Leader and Business Centre Leadership to interact with the Principals and Associates on operational aspects related to running the day-to-day business.
- Assist financial performance of the Business Centre through oversight of Project Managers and projects and ensuring profitability through proper management and accountability.
- Regularly meet with Business Centre Leadership to discuss and report on operational performance and issues.
- Identify, develop and implement more efficient and user-friendly business and operating processes to reduce overhead costs and increase productivity.
- Assist with tasks such as budgeting, projections, estimates to complete, project setups, and project management.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Must thrive working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently, and in cooperation with a broad team of practitioners.
- Experience in or thorough understanding of Project Management and execution.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in business administration, or an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business operations or related role, with a financial background.
- Experience in a professional services consulting firm desired.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Northwest Territories-Yellowknife
Other Locations : Canada-Yukon-Whitehorse
Organization : BC-1449 Buildings-CA North
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 21, 2024, 8:32:32 AM
Req ID: 240000RH#additional
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans