City : LONDON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Office Administrator - ( 2300029B )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 26,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec is looking for an organized, friendly and self-motivated Office Administrator to provide administrative leadership and facilitate office operations within our 100-person London, Ontario office. The successful candidate will work proactively with the Office Leader and will be responsible for the office's facility operations, health and safety coordination, IT coordination and employee engagement initiatives.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Staff the front reception desk, answer telephone calls, greet clients and receive incoming and outgoing mail and parcel delivery.
- Encourage a healthy working environment for all.
- Work with internal office staff and leadership to assist with office/facility-related needs.
- Act as the primary contact for building property management and ensure implementation of preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
- Manage third-party vendors and orders for office supplies, printing supplies, furniture, and coordinate 3rd party suppliers for parking, coffee and kitchen supplies and miscellaneous items.
- Obtain quotes and manage the procurement process for any facility improvements.
- Ensure all site management and operations practices comply with Stantec standards.
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with the office leadership and staff.
- With support from the office social committee, lead and promote the office social activities including developing social activities and managing bookings and obtaining supplies.
- Coordinate assignment and set-up of new employee's workspace and initial requirements, such as PPE requirements and equipment procurement and tracking.
- Assist with office/project document control including digital filing, offsite storage and archiving.
- Coordinate activities associated with “Stantec in the Community” week.
Office Safety and Environment Coordinator (OSEC) Responsibilities
- Maintain office HSSE information boards and regular employee communications.
- Identify and track training requirements for project-specific field activities.
- Assist project managers, supervisors, and others obtain appropriate PPE for employees working on their projects.
- Conduct monthly office inspections, annual workplace violence program assessment and other office level HSSE activities required by the HSSE program.
- Develop emergency response plans and test relevant emergency drills.
- Facilitate the application of Stantec’s office ergonomics program, which includes conducting office ergonomic assessments and associated changes to the workstation.
- Conduct HSSE Program orientation for new employees.
- Assist with preparation for internal and external audits and coordinating the remedy of any non-conformance responses.
- Act as a local resource for HSSE questions, concerns, and suggestions from employees.
- Disseminate relevant information to employees on topics such as incident prevention, and compliance through various means including e-mail, face-to-face meetings, and team interactions.
- Assist with project-level hazard assessments and mitigation strategies.
- Assist project managers to develop project specific safety plans and complete associated forms and documentation.
- Bring relevant items forward at team meetings, OSEC meetings, and/or joint health and safety committee meetings.
- Participate in regional OSEC conference calls.
- Support efforts to track Stantec’s eco-footprint by providing information on resource management at an office level. Also, support efforts to disseminate corporate information on our environmental commitments to the local operations.
- Support supervisors, project managers, and local management through the incident reporting and investigation process. Where required, support incident investigations and assist with implementation of corrective actions.
- Work in conjunction with the Corporate HSSE (Regional HSSE Manager), Workers’ Compensation Claims Coordinator, and Human Resources and assist in the coordination of case management and modified work planning for injured employees.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office.
- Experience in the health and safety field, managing and auditing HSSE management systems is preferred, training is provided.
- Customer service centric approach to working with internal and external clients.
- Experience with managing multiple vendors.
- Problem-solving and investigation skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple concurrent tasks.
- Must be proactive and willing to take initiative.
- Able to operate independently in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to self-educate by reading policies, regulations and guidelines.
- Able to work with diverse teams and people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid full Class G Driver’s License.
Education and Experience
College Diploma or equivalent with minimum of 3 years experience as an Office Manager; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience (i.e., High School Diploma plus 5 years experience)
- Office environment (100%)
- 37.5 hours per week paid (Monday to Friday 8:30am-5pm)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-London
Organization : BC-1679 Shared Services-CA London ON
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 24, 2023, 11:25:29 AM
Req ID: 2300029B
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans