Occupational Therapist (Contract)
City : Antigonish, Cape Breton, Westville, Truro, Valley, Yarmouth, Halifax, Bridgewater,
Category : Part-time Hourly
Industry : *Service Provider
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Homewood Health™ is looking for Mental Health Reactivation Consultants able to provide return to work focused treatment for employees on short-term and long-term disability due to common mental health issues. The ideal candidate will be a registered Occupational Therapist with a strong mental health background and experience in providing psychotherapy and return-to-work (RTW) facilitation. Candidates should consider themselves function-focused and believe in the value of work.
The Mental Health Reactivation (MHR) program has been designed by Homewood Health™ Inc. Return to Work Services to not only make people well but also return them to work. The program is semi-standardized and involves a variety of action-orientated therapeutic strategies, including activity and symptom monitoring, activity goal structuring, problem-solving and skills development, work exposure, and return to work planning. The program incorporates Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) components.
We are currently looking to hire Occupational Therapists across Nova Scotia to work with clients in their geographical area. This is an independent contractor role, and does not guarantee any specific number of referrals or hours.
What you'll be doing
• Assess client psychosocial issues and barriers to adequate functioning and RTW
• Conduct weekly one-on-one therapy sessions following the standardized procedures in the MHR program
• Use behavioral activation strategies along with CBT, MI, and problem-solving oriented therapies directed at improving clients functioning to optimize participation and performance in life and work
• Regular communication with Homewood Health clinical staff via semi-standardized reporting and weekly written documentation
What we're looking for
• Successful completion of an entry to practice Occupational Therapy program
• Registration with the appropriate Occupational Therapy regulatory organization
• Minimum 1 year experience in Mental Health sector providing psychotherapy and/or counseling for individuals with common mental disorders (depression, anxiety, adjustment disorders, )
• Certification and/or experience in CBT and MI techniques
• Experience in RTW counseling for clients on short-term/ long-term disability, and/or WSIB claims. This should include RTW facilitation and/or work focused treatment
• Exceptional customer service delivery and client-centered care
• Demonstration of strong problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to work independently as well as to contribute actively to team or treatment plan objectives
• Take responsibility for actions and decisions
• Excellent command of English language, both verbal and written – French language skills would be an asset
Why work with us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer competitive wages and professional development opportunities, along with opportunities to engage with a community of clinicians from a variety of professional backgrounds across Canada who are part of our community of practice. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.Join Homewood Health and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.