City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
The Wireline Access Technology & Engineering team under Wireline Access & Transport Engineering Department is accountable for the development and evolution of wireline network technologies including Virtual CCAP, Distributed Access Architecture (Remote PHY and Remote MACPHY devices), Passive Optical Network (PON). The team works to develop architecturally sound and financially viable network solutions that meet approved Product requirements and alignment with business strategies.
The Network Architect position, reporting to the Manager of Wireline Access Tech. & Eng., will work as a senior technical SME (subject matter expert) primarily responsible for driving New Technology Introduction of new Wireline Access Technologies, especially focusing on Virtual CCAP and DAA. The position will evaluate network architecture design and options, drive validation and system integration, and operationalization of new technologies. The position will also design, evaluate and recommend architectural design options. The position works with a group of highly qualified professionals engaged in developing complex technical solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Liaison with Network and IT technical teams to drive validation and operationalization of new Wireline Access technologies
- Evaluate new technologies and new platforms through the means of industrial landscape study, RFx exercises and analysis
- Participate and contribute on the development of the 1-5 year architectural design, integration options and network evolution strategy
- Participate in developing technology options analysis and providing an optimum recommendation that meets the stated requirements in functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, cost and support
- Establish necessary testing requirements to evaluate the proposed designs and to validate the technology platform or systems (laboratory, network verification, operational readiness), and provide direction and supervision of testing activities.
- Produce clear, well-crafted design project plans with specified tasks, milestones, and effort required against the desired service introduction and/or modifications to existing services.
- Ability to present information and advise internal and external customers on proposed architectures, strategies, products and/or solutions.
- Be aware and adhere to all applicable Health and Safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related Company policy.
What you will bring:
- Previous direct working experience in DOCSIS Cable Modem network
- Working knowledge of CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0, 3.1, DCA (R-PHY / R-MACPHY), 4.0 standards
- Strong knowledge and experience in DOCSIS I-CCAP / CMTS, DCA (R-PHY and R-MACPHY) architectures, DAA architectures, functions and features
- Working experience with Passive Optical Network (PON) ecosystem, including GPON and EPON networks
- Advanced knowledge and experience in FTTx architecture, GPON / EPON standards, solutions, and implementation
- Strong knowledge of GPON eco-system and PON platforms, including OLT, ONT, BNG, PCRF and SPDR
- Working Strong knowledge of IP networking and related protocols, of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS), of application services
- Strong knowledge and experience in Traditional Video services and IPTV, architecture and technologies
- Direct work experience with major infrastructure vendors, including but not limited to Cisco, Casa, Arris, Nokia, Juniper, etc
- Excellent communicator - fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Clearly demonstrated ability to conceive, analyze, manage and implement large-scale technology and/or product deployment, consisting of multitude of dependent and critical platforms, applications, and technologies.
- Very strong analytical ability in translating technology capabilities to meet stated service/product requirements.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills and demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- A strong and capable communicator both verbally and writing, with the ability to frame technology issues in business terms and vice versa, and to effectively manage and confront conflicts and issues.
- Strong and effective public speaker, conducted technical workshops/forums and keynotes
- Highly adaptive and flexible to changing environments and priorities
- Well-versed in the latest technology offering, industry standards, capabilities and trends.
- 5+ years experience with a major network service provider and direct involvement in architecting, designing and managing large-scale communication networks
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 233066
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology