City : Markham, ON, CA; Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
The Network Analyst’s role is to support the stable operation of all End to End’s clients and internal computer network. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
What you will do:
• Incident Management – responsible for technical troubleshooting. In the event of configuration changes required, escalate to Network Professional / Senior Network Professional to invoke internal Change Management Process.
• Respond to incoming calls, SNMP alarms and e-mails regarding client network issues, client change requests, etc.
• Open trouble tickets on all incidents
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot networked peripheral devices and networking hardware and software products.
• Maintain security solutions, including firewall, VPN and intrusion detection-prevention systems.
• Maintain all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, etc.
• Work with vendors and carriers during problem analysis/resolution as required.
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
• Take direction from Network Professionals and Senior Network Professionals
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of clients, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
• Support development and implementation of networking projects and new technology installations.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend for purchase networking hardware and software products.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of client contracts.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory.
• Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network data.
• Liaise with, and provide training and support to other Network Analysts on network issues.
• Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures, manuals, and checklists.
• Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables. Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
What you bring:
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
• Certifications with Cisco, Juniper, and/or Fortinet (CCNA/JNCIA/FCNSA/NSE4 minimum requirement).
• Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
• Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Learn, understand and apply new strategies and technologies
• Mentor/train less experienced co-workers
• Work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Communicate to and work with Clients and co-workers
• Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and can adapt to shifting priorities in the daily workload.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 1 - 210 Cochrane DR(7735), Markham, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 256489
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate