City : DARTMOUTH
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Mechanical Technologist - ( 220000E8 )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
You will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple Buildings projects for a range of public and private sector clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Load/sizing calculations and analysis.
- Produce mechanical designs and drawings in 2D and 3D software.
- Organize and interpret engineering data to prepare clear and concise design drawings and technical documentation.
- Field work required. Responsibilities may include performing project construction observation, interpret contract documents, enforce contract specifications, and review submittals for accuracy, completeness and design consistency.
- Prioritize and accomplish multiple ongoing assignments efficiently.
- Work with Mechanical Engineer to ensure conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Perform thorough quality control of design documents and provide design ideas and solutions.
- Work as a contributing team member within a multi-discipline team of a full array of Buildings Professionals from Engineers and Architects to Code and Cost Consultants.
- Understand and execute and/or direct work within Stantec's quality control guidelines.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experienced in Building Mechanical Systems design – HVAC & plumbing.
- Proficient in relevant CAD software programs including BIM REVIT program suites (HVAC/Plumbing) and AutoCAD.
- Experienced in producing and revising mechanical design/construction drawings for public sector (DND, Public Works, etc.) and private sector clients.
- Experienced in heating, cooling and ventilation load analysis software such as Trane Trace 700 or equivalent.
- Capable of doing ‘sub-task’ design aspects of overall design effort (i.e., duct sizing, ventilation loads, pipe sizing, etc.)
- Has well-developed understanding of relevant areas of design including codes and requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Competent in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe Suite.
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Able to work under consistently and meet tight deadlines.
- Leading by example, integrating continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Work as a collaborative team member within a multi-discipline team.
- Understand and work within Stantec's quality control guidelines.
- Comply with Stantec's EH&S program, with a focus on safety in all aspects of your job.
- Strong desire to learn and work in a team environment.
- Mentorship to Junior Technical staff to complete design related tasks.
- Ability to taylor deliverables to the needs of a specific project scope.
Education and Experience
Technical diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience. Less experience will be considered depending on candidates experience and capabilities. Technical/Technologist Designation considered an asset.
Transferrable security clearances (i.e., PSPC and/or RCMP) will be considered an asset. Security clearances are required for much of the work we do. The successful candidate will be required to obtain these clearances.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Job : Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1334 Buildings-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 1, 2022, 9:40:52 AM
Req ID: 220000E8
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans