City : DARTMOUTH
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Mechanical Designer - ( 2200015O )
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there’s no end to the scope and significance of your work — and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we’re problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you’ll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that’s critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing — and we’re helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that’s working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
At Stantec we design with community in mind. We work with stakeholders in all aspects of concept development, options analysis and costing, detailed design, construction management, commissioning and operations. Our multi-discipline design team of professionals work together to achieve the results that have lasting success in the communities we work in. We are proud of long standing relationships that continue to improve and renew the value obtained from existing infrastructure that deliver energy to people all across the globe. Our designs can be found in critical infrastructure like processing plants, terminals, refineries, storage facilities and energy distribution facilities. Through our partnerships, industry experience, and use of technology, we develop innovative ways to solve emerging issues, meet regulations, and increase productivity. We are currently seeking Mechanical Designers to join our Energy design team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Comply with Stantec Health Safety Security Environment (HSSE) program, with particular focus on safety in the field.
- Understanding of industry standards and applicable ASME, CSA, API, ANSI, NACE codes and standards.
- Provide design experience, from conceptual thru detailed engineering, related to process piping associated with medium to large projects.
- Understand basics of the function and integration of process equipment i.e pumps, compressors, pressure vessels, heat exchangers
- Understanding of material selection to support design of process piping and equipment.
- Undertake and/or assisting in project coordination responsibilities, including scheduling, estimating, and project progressing.
- Efficiently conduct model reviews and team meetings.
- Coordinate piping team activities with other discipline teams.
- Review and coordination of vendors and other discipline documents.
- Participate in site visits for data gathering of existing infrastructure to aid design integration when required.
- Ensure that work conforms to applicable codes, standards and client specifications.
- Mentor designers working in the group with less experience
- Knowledge of fabrication and construction techniques and processes.
- Willingness to go the ‘extra mile’ to support projects, clients and fellow employees.
- Knowledge of and ability to use standard computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Cadworks, AutoPlant, Navisworks.
- Proven experience with field verification and system walkdowns
- Experience with use of geomatic surveys in design and modeling
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with pipeline facilities, refinery, or extraction is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of piping systems design.
- Ability to multitask. Must be a self-starter, and motivated.
- Should be willing to receive and provide direction.
- Available for travel within Canada for short durations 2-5 days (as required)
Education and Experience
Minimum 5 years of direct experience with process piping design.
CET designation (is desired)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Job : Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1340 Energy-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 23, 2022, 11:20:24 AM
Req ID: 2200015O
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans