Materials Management New Graduate
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
You can be a part of one of the world’s leading Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and Construction companies. You will be challenged to make a difference designing some of the World’s most complex, large-scale, and innovative projects.
What will you do in the early part of your career?
Objective of delivering value through world-class procurement and material management systems, capabilities, and processes by leveraging advanced sourcing methods; global market knowledge and Fluor’s global purchasing volume to obtain the best pricing, quality and service for our clients
Fluor’s Materials Management Department:
Our Clients depend on Fluor's expertise for timely procurement of materials and equipment for their projects. We have built a global network of trusted suppliers to meet Client objectives, delivering critical items to projects in a timely manner to meet project schedule and cost requirements. The Materials Management Department performs a number of key functions in which the successful candidate will assist in on a given EPC project.
• Material Planning
Main responsibilities will include:
• Support execution excellence by managing the quality and timely delivery of equipment from the manufacturer or supplier to job site.
• Purchase Order execution strategy development
• Identification of materials from Engineering, negotiate prices and schedules with suppliers
• Management of Purchase Orders on a global basis
• Ensuring the best commercial and legal deals have been achieved in order to protect both the price and schedule of a project
• Material quantity tracking and reporting
• Analysis and negotiation of additional costs in order to generate approved change orders.
• Review and approval of contractor and supplier invoices.
• Generation of daily, weekly or monthly reports to provide project stakeholders