Material Receiving – Material Issuing Coordinator
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
This position serves as a team member of Field Material Management (FMM) who shall be responsible and accountable to effectively help manage the:
1) Receipt of materials
2) Issuance of materials
3) Material laydown areas
4) Warehousing operations, at an active construction site
The roles and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain, track and use existing FMM reports to support inbound equipment-material shipments, shipment damage inspections, off-loading, laydown area storage, warehouse pallet racking storage, until required later to be transferred from FMM to site construction for installation.
• Strong user skills to effectively prepare and manage Material Receiving Reports (MRR), Overage, Shortage & Damage (OS&D) Reports, Field Material Requests (FMR), Material Withdrawal Requests (MWR), and Pick Tickets (PT).
• Maintain inventory counts on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
• Observe trends and keeping track of inbound equipment-material shipments, while working as a team with other FMM staff positions including Buyers, Expeditors, Material Planning-Material Control, Logistics, Back charge Management, etc.
• Ability to work with tight deadlines and ability to accurately report progress.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to build good working relationships with Suppliers.
• Ability to accept and complete other duties or work tasks assigned by FMM leadership.