Material Management Specialist – New Graduate
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Objective of delivering value through world-class procurement and material management systems, capabilities, and processes by leveraging advanced sourcing methods; global market knowledge and Fluor’s global purchasing volume to obtain the best pricing, quality and service for our clients.
Fluor’s Materials Management Department:
Our clients depend on Fluor's expertise for timely procurement of materials and equipment for their projects. We have built a global network of trusted suppliers to meet Client objectives, delivering critical items to projects in a timely manner to meet project schedule and cost requirements. The Materials Management Department performs a number of key functions in which the successful candidate will assist in on a given EPC project.
• Logistics and Traffic
• Material Planning
• Support execution excellence by managing the quality and timely delivery of equipment from the manufacturer or supplier to job site.
• Purchase Order execution strategy development
• Identification of materials from Engineering, negotiate prices and schedules with suppliers
• Management of Purchase Orders on a global basis
• Ensuring the best commercial and legal deals have been achieved in order to protect both the price and schedule of a project
• Material quantity tracking and reporting
• Analysis and negotiation of additional costs in order to generate approved change orders.
• Review and approval of contractor and supplier invoices.
• Generation of daily, weekly, or monthly reports to provide project stakeholders