Master’s Scholarship Award for Women in Economics and Finance (ON, CA)
City : Ottawa
Category : Other
Industry : Banking/Financial
Employer : Bank of Canada
Master's Scholarship Award for Women in Economics and Finance
Take a central role
The Bank values the contributions of women in economics and finance and awards scholarships to support women in these specializations. This scholarship award also:
- promotes the pursuit of graduate studies in Economics and Finance among women at the undergraduate level or those who have completed an undergraduate degree
- proactively contributes to building a gender-balanced talent pool for the economics and finance professions in central banking
These $10,000 CAD scholarships are awarded to women specializing in economics and finance. In addition to the award, successful candidates may be offered a work opportunity, with mentorship by a Bank employee. They may also be able to attend a learning event at the Bank related to central banking, economics or finance (e.g., lecture, conference, networking event).
Students in the final two years of an undergraduate program maintaining an average of 70 per cent or higher, or those who have completed an undergraduate degree with an overall average of 70 per cent or higher can apply. To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Self-identify as a woman.
Note: Women currently enrolled in a Master’s program in Economics or Finance are not eligible to apply.
For your application to be considered you must upload the following three MANDATORY documents:
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- In lieu of a cover letter, we ask that you write a personal statement (500 words or less) that includes reflections on:
- Your reason(s) for pursuing further education in Economics or Finance; and
- What you are hoping to gain from this scholarship and work experience
- Official or unofficial transcripts of undergraduate academic record to date; OR proof of completion of an undergraduate program with official transcript
Application Deadline and Disbursement of Scholarships
Applications and supporting documents must be received by 23:59 EST on October 8, 2023. The $10,000 CAD is disbursed in a one instalment once the recipient shows proof of registration in a Master’s Program in Economics or Finance at a degree granting institution.
- English or French essential
- Security level required: Reliability or Secret
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this scholarship. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. #LI-POST