Master’s Internship (Ottawa (Downtown), ON, CA)
City : Ottawa
Category : Other
Industry : Banking/Financial
Employer : Bank of Canada
Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very centre of Canada’s economy, in a diverse and inclusive organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. We embrace three core values that define who we are and how we work together; think ahead, include everyone, and inspire confidence.
Find out more about the next steps in our Recruitment process.
About the position
As an intern, you would work under the direction of the Director responsible for the particular division in which you are located. Key responsibilities for all the positions include the following:
- conducting high-quality analysis and research on subjects related to the responsibility of the division
- collecting, organizing and manipulating data from internal and external data sources
- contribute to the analysis and/or operations conducted by the team to fulfill the mandate/responsibilities of the hiring departments.
Your knowledge and skills
- communicate information and ideas adapted to the target audience, using clear and compelling written and oral communication skills
- bring a range of considerations to issues and to conduct careful analysis
- integrate specialized and complex areas of expertise, e.g., financial market analysis, economic analysis and regulatory issues analysis
- work collaboratively and effectively with others within the team, across teams, with other departments and with contacts outside of the Bank, as well as independently
- program in common mathematical or statistical languages
- completion of, or enrolment in, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM) or similar program
- strong background in quantitative methods
- strong background in trading systems
- knowledge of the Canadian financial system
Your education and experience
For your candidacy to be considered, you must be currently enrolled in a master’s degree program in finance or economics
All applicants must submit a completed online application that includes the following documentations to support their candidacy:
- a current curriculum vitae
- cover letter
- official or unofficial transcripts of your undergraduate academic record. Relevant courses you have attended must be clearly identified by their course titles
English or French essential
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team.
- Salary is $27.78 (hourly) (job grade Student C)
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Be eligible to obtain Reliability or Secret
- There will be no relocation assistance provided
Remote Work / Hybrid Work Model #LI-Remote
The Bank offers work arrangements that provide employees with flexibility, enable high-performing teams, and support an excellent workplace culture. Most employees can telework from home for a substantial part of each month as part of the Bank`s hybrid work model, and they are expected on site at the Bank location a minimum of eight days per month to help build connections between colleagues. You must live in Canada, and within reasonable commuting distance of the office.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.