City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : General Strategy Consultants
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176931
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Scotiabank Strategy team is a growing, high performing team consisting of top talent that develops and executes strategy at an enterprise and business line level for Canada’s leading international bank. The team works closely with senior management, business line leaders and a diverse set of stakeholders to deliver strategic advice that solves business problems through research, analysis and compelling strategic recommendations.
Scotiabank is looking for candidates at the Manager Level, who are team-oriented, critical thinkers with a passion for solving business problems. Successful candidates will play a key role in leading enterprise and business line strategic projects, managing relationships with senior management and stakeholders at all levels throughout the Bank and driving the Bank’s strategic planning process.
Strategic projects (70-80%)
• Lead customized strategy development and advisory support at an enterprise and business line level, including research, analysis and compelling strategic recommendations that solve business problems. This could take 2 approaches:
High-touch support; where the team will be driving strategy development in specific areas / businesses
Low-touch support; where the team will be providing advisory services, e.g., participating at the steering committees for key initiatives, engaging in specific workstreams of the project
• Prepare project plan to ensure deliverables and timelines are met
• Gather data and perform financial analyses to diagnose issues
• Create financial models to assess future state financial benefits / costs
• Manage multiple project workstreams, including leading problem solving sessions, workshops and interviews with cross-functional and business line working team members and subject matter experts
• Synthesize findings and present clear recommendations and implementation plans to ensure impactful project outcomes
• Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to support the achievement of deliverables and overall objectives
Strategic Planning (20-30%)
• Drive the execution and ongoing management of strategy planning at the enterprise and business line level
• Perform strategic and business analysis, identifying key issues and proposing recommendations for the Bank’s strategy at an enterprise and business line level
• Communicate the Bank's strategic plan and strategic priorities
• Complete competitive / business environment research and benchmarking to determine emerging issues and trends and analyze the impact / implications of those trends on the Bank's strategic plan
• Assist with organizing strategy offsites for senior management and the Board of Directors to facilitate ongoing discussions around the Bank’s strategy
Skills and Experience
• Undergraduate degree in business or engineering; graduate business degree
• Experience in management consulting or corporate strategy development, execution and project management preferred but not required
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic business environment
• Superior interpersonal skills, leadership and influential capabilities
• Self-motivated; work both independently and collaboratively with multi-functional teams, as both a leader and member
• Exceptional planning and analytical skills, ability to discern research information / data and focus on the critical business issues
• Highly developed relationship management skills to effectively manage relationships across the Bank, partners and external vendors
• Exceptional presentation and written communication skills
• Proven track record delivering innovative solutions from concept to change management
• Excellent knowledge with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.