Manager, Quality Assurance
City : Mississauga, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Warranty Service
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Mississauga, Ontario with travel to Construction sites
Mattamy Homes Canada
Warranty Service Department, GTA Lowrise Division
Director, Warranty Operations
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
The Manager, Quality Assurance is responsible for centralizing and standardizing the Division’s Quality Assurance processes and reporting standards. Overseeing a team of New Home Specialists, the manager will drive consistent, industry leading home delivery at every stage of the building process across the Greater Toronto Area.
What you’ll do
- Set and clarify expectations for the Construction and Warranty departments through the continued development of quality standards
- Resolve common deficiencies by creating targeted programs and hosting regular quality inspections
- Support key milestones in the build cycle by creating checklists and promoting best practices
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting for all Operational Customer Experience reporting, QA ready, QA number of items, PDI sign-off and PDI number of items
- Review construction documents and ensure design compliance and construction quality by flagging any discrepancies
- Oversee the scheduling of QA’s, PDI’s and home delivery appointments
- Build tools for managing multiple schedules and appointments across the GTA
- Forecast and make proactive plans to manage through the changes in production volume
- Responsible for leading a team of New Home Specialists
What you bring
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in lowrise construction in a quality control and/or construction supervisory and/or warranty role
- Ability to draft and use reports on various software programs (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Independent and trustworthy
- Highly organized
- Team oriented and supportive
- Passionate about construction quality and product improvement
- JDE experience
- Tarion experience / familiarity
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.