Manager, Public Private Partnerships – Temporary Assignment (Apr. 2022 – Apr. 2024)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Admin
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Temporary Assignment (Apr. 2022 – Apr. 2024)
Hours: Monday to Friday; 35 hours/week
Home Campus: Fennell
Pay Band: 11
Salary Range: $86,568 - $108,209
Posting Date: March 8th, 2022
Closing Date: March 21st, 2022 at 7:00pm EST
Reporting to the VP, Corporate Services, The Manager, Public Private Partnerships (PPP) will lead and support the formulation of policy, strategies, best practices and programs to accelerate the public-private partnerships and its integration into the operations of Mohawk College.
This includes identifying, developing and managing relationships with current partners and potential new partners. The Manager, PPP will be accountable to managing agreements with established partners. The Manager, Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) is responsible for managing all contractual aspects of the Public-Private Partnership portfolio to achieve annual enrolment, revenue, and quality assurance/ compliance targets.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
Project Management of the Private Partnership Portfolio
- Lead the development and execution of all PPP operational activities to achieve annual enrolment and revenue targets.
- Create and manage an efficient, sustainable, and replicable operational model to meet the growing demand of the private partnerships.
- Define, create and verify operational processes and procedures in consultation with key stakeholders to ensure an efficient operational workflow between the institutions, leveraging existing systems.
- Ensure process and procedures are documented and updated on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure an efficient flow of information.
- Lead, develop and manage project plans for business process and the establishment of any new Public-Private partnerships.
- Ensure the right program mix is offered at partner institutions by leading conversations with our international.
- Preparation and management of departmental budget.
Contract Management, Compliance & Reporting
- Act as a central point of communication with partner institutions, and internal stakeholders, ensuring a high-level understanding of contract requirements and any approved amendments.
- Develop and manage proposals, contracts and agreements along with all supporting requirements to fulfil Ministry directives and requirements.
- Develop and oversee work plans for implementing and monitoring contractual compliance and reporting requirements.
- Oversee/prepare all written material, presentations and reports required to fulfil contractual requirements and departmental goals including: internal, Board of Governors, Ministerial, and any other as required.
- Participate in corrective action discussions as necessary.
- Work closely with the respective internal stakeholders including Academic Quality, student services, international admissions, finance and I.T. among others to design, implement, and monitor quality assurance and compliance frameworks.
- Ensure proper record-keeping and data maintenance in accordance with the applicable policies and procedures, and systems.
- Ensure the timely and accurate prepare administrative and financial reconciliations and invoicing to meet contractual obligations.
Business Development / Partnership Growth
- Identify and develop relationships with private institutions for potential partnership opportunities (education, training, and consulting services) that are beneficial to the College and align with the College's strategic priorities.
- Advise on any financial risks in new and existing PPP and identify necessary mitigating and corrective actions.
- Pursue growth opportunities within existing partnership agreements.
- Develop proposals, concept papers and briefing documents to respond to various opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging best practices on enhancing PPP, including good practice examples, and guidelines through internal and external networks.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and developments in addressing PPP related issues.
Other Duties as Required
The successful applicant must have:
- A 4 Year Degree in Business, Project Management, Commerce, Global Development or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience and prior experience in postsecondary education (international and/or domestic).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively oversee the management of multiple projects from concept to completion using proven Project Management tools and methods.
- Demonstrated financial literacy; manage, and produce budgets; create, monitor and report on financial and performance metrics.
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct presentations to individuals and/or groups.
- Demonstrated ability writing proposals which are necessary to locate and secure outside funding and to develop internal budgetary support.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and facilitate consensus with partners and internal senior leaders in order to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with business partners as well as other external stakeholders.
- Possesses excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for exercising sound judgement, initiative, and enthusiasm to work effectively with partners in different contexts and from diverse backgrounds.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication and skills, including listening, oral and written communications; and ability to gather and share ideas among diverse groups.
- Adapts own approach and style when interacting with partners resulting in positive relationships.
- Possesses the leadership ability to guide a team that works effectively together on new initiatives.
- Knowledge about current trends, challenges, and opportunities and has a vision and enthusiasm for leadership in a dynamic higher education environment.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate consensus with Private Partners and internal stakeholders resulting in a mutual successful partnership between the college and private partner.
- Strong critical thinking and technical writing skills to create process documents, memos and policies.
- Ability to responsibility and proactively manage a budget in order to forecast, and report regularly to ensure achievement of College expenditure and budget targets.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the HR Department at (905) 575-2047.
This position is governed by the applicable legislation of the Province of Ontario. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required, and will be required to follow Mohawk College’s vaccination policy.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.