Manager, Product Control
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Finance | Accounting
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
- Accountable for the P&L production and analysis across within a platform or multiple platforms across the bank.
- Inform senior management of any irregularities that may present potential exposure to the firm
- Prepare all monthly accounting entries to the G/L and conduct reconciliations to ensure figures are properly tied back to the systems of record
- Work closely with all members of the Product Control team, providing guidance and cross training when required
- Identify opportunities to improve valuation reports and pro-actively streamline processes to improve productivity
- Perform daily PNL and Balance Sheet reconciliations to ensure figures are properly tied back to the systems of records
- Maintain a solid knowledge base of how various asset classes are handled by the Front Office systems
- Perform testing of new system update releases
- Provide information to satisfy audit requests from both internal and external auditors
- Develop an understanding of RBC operations and the functions of various business units across the firm
- Pro-actively monitor all operational issues pertaining to the trading portfolios assigned
- 2+ years of Product Control or related experience
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Good understanding of Investment products
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work effectively and reliably under pressure
- Advanced understanding of procedures and operational controls as they relate to trading systems and workflows
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal guidance from manager
Nice to Have
- Canadian Securities Course
- CFA Candidates or Charter holders
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.