City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
($99,429 - $116,975 Annually)
Reporting to the Director, Program Planning, the Manager, Policy is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the policy team to ensure that BC Housing’s policies are developed and implemented in alignment with the Commission’s strategic priorities. He/she/they is in charge of developing and implementing of BC Housing’s Policy Framework and ensuring that best practices in policy development, implementation, and review are applied across the Commission. The position works collaboratively with key business areas to identify policy gaps and ensure that policies are in place for sufficient risk mitigation, approval authority, and controls across the Commission.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, business, planning, or other relevant field.
- Considerable senior-level experience in public policy development, analysis, and implementation.
- Considerable experience in project management and leading a team.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and best practices in policy development and ability to apply these practices to the development, implementation, and review of policies across the Commission
- Ability to learn and understand relevant legislation and regulations that impact BC Housing’s key policy areas
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission’s mandate, housing programs and services
- Ability to identify and develop opportunities for mitigating risk and achieving efficiencies
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with internal and external stakeholders, including other areas of government, executives, senior management, and other stakeholders in order to achieve objectives
- Ability to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong public presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, consensus-building, and problem-solving skills
Indigenous candidates are welcome to connect with an Indigenous team member in our organization to discuss the recruitment process and our workplace, please contact email@example.com to arrange a call.